Staff Embedded Software Engineer, QNX
Aurora Innovation (View all Jobs)
Mountain View, California
1. Simplified real-world coding task on Coderpad.io 2. Time-boxed take-home assignment 3. Face-to-face meeting with teammates.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Staff Embedded Software Engineer, QNX.
In this role, you will
- Be the company-wide QNX Neutrino domain expert and first point of contact for critical issues.
- Push the boundaries of performance by using and developing state-of-the-art tools and techniques to identify performance bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization, and debug information.
- Implement drivers, resource managers, services, and new frameworks that are highly efficient and highly reliable.
- Be the interface to higher layer software teams that are clients of embedded platforms running QNX Neutrino, while at the same time interfacing with lower-layer firmware and electrical teams supporting these embedded platforms.
- Exert technical influence on vendors and partners representing Aurora's immediate needs while at the same time guiding the direction of external roadmaps.
- Exercise technical leadership by cultivating QNX knowledge within colleagues and guiding software implementations to make best use of QNX advantages.
- Excellent C or C++ programming skills.
- Deep understanding of QNX Neutrino internals (scheduling, memory management, networking, filesystem, interrupt handling, event management, fault handling, boot process, etc.)
- Experience writing device drivers, resource managers, and services in QNX.
- Experience working with debugging and profiling / performance analysis tools for QNX.
- Experience bringing up new boards; ability to read schematics/datasheets and use basic lab equipment.
- Solid expertise in embedded software development.
- Knowledge of both high- and low-level communication protocols, from I2C and SPI to CAN and TCP/IP protocols.
- 5+ years working with QNX, 10+ years of relevant embedded experience
- Experience writing network drivers.
- Experience with PTP, gPTP, and other Time Sensitive Networking Protocols.
- Experience with ISO 26262 or other safety standards.
- Knowledge of SoC architectures; experience working with complex, heterogeneous SoCs - especially ARM-based ones.
- Knowledge of other Real-Time OS architectures (e.g. FreeRTOS, Integrity, VxWorks, etc.)
- Experience working with low-level bootloaders.
- Experience implementing OTA solutions.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
At the core of everything we do is our commitment to safety. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and we believe that each employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. Aurora expects commitment to our safety policies from every employee, and seeks candidates who take an active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization’s long-term success by prioritizing working safely, no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄