Staff Software Engineer, Developer Tools (Remote)
Brex (View all Jobs)
1. Practical questions - 1 hour technical 2. Then 4-5 hour onsite. System design, Coding, values, debugging
Programming Languages Mentioned
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.ort to grow their careers. It takes the same effort to dream big or dream small, so we say, dream big.
Engineering at Brex
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that. Teams are autonomous, value inclusivity, eager to learn, teach, constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
What you’ll do
Our team is responsible for providing platform services and libraries that other teams utilize to build products. We provide teams with the glue as well as services to make building features more streamlined. In a less abstract sense, we run services that power notifications, document storage, search, asynchronous events platform, change data capture and others.
To give you more perspective, last month services owned by our team facilitated millions of asynchronous events between services, stored hundreds of thousands of files and sent each and every one of thousands of notifications sent to brex customers.
- Own problems end-to-end, start with talking to other engineers and participating in design reviews then find and think through components that can be abstracted away -- build that.
- Design and build highly reliable, scalable services that engineers love to use
- Maintain and improve our existing services, adding resiliency where needed
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes you encounter.
- Collaborate with experts on other teams: infrastructure, security and product engineering.
- Experience building and designing scalable backend systems
- Experience creating libraries for engineers and operations
- Experience working with databases
- Experience working with backend programming languages (Kotlin, Elixir, Golang and Python)
- Ability to hold yourself and the team to high standards
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with streaming and asynchronous platform is a good to have
- Familiarity with Kafka
- Familiarity with functional programming languages
- Experience working in AWS & Kubernetes environments
- Strong writing skills
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄