Quality Insights Analyst (User Policy Operations)
Stripe (View all Jobs)
US / Canada
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Removing barriers to online commerce is at the heart of Stripe’s mission, and doing so requires effectively and efficiently protecting the businesses that trust Stripe at scale. Although risk management often implies a tradeoff between the user experience and user friction, Stripe refutes that paradigm. Instead, we focus on creating products, programs, and policies that simultaneously improve the user experience and drive growth, while systematically mitigating risks for Stripe’s business and partners. The Safety and Risk operations team is the engine scaling the execution of Stripe’s safety and risk policies and products.
What you’ll do
The Safety and Risk Operations team is looking for an experienced Quality Insights Analyst to develop and oversee the day-to-day quality management of the User Policy Operations vertical.
The right person for this role has an eye for detail, is obsessed with quality processes and outcomes, and values efficiency. The Quality Insights Analyst will be joining a highly collaborative global team that supports the broader Safety and Risk Operations department at Stripe. In this position, you will be responsible for the oversight and maintenance of the system to measure and improve the quality of the Supportability work, driving towards industry-beating levels of quality. A successful Insights Analyst will have a comprehensive understanding of User Policy Operations (Terms of Service enforcement, evolving account supportability decisioning, QA for edge-case escalation handling, Risk-based user interactions oversight (Chat, Email, Voice), a forensic ability to detect root causes of human error, and an innovative mindset to recommend process improvements that eliminate errors.
Stripe is both a technology and a financial services company. You will need to be comfortable straddling both of those worlds every day. The right person for this role is instinctively curious, challenges the status quo, and is motivated by driving continuous improvements to systems and processes.
- Develop, research, build and implement Quality evaluation plans in accordance with applicable policies and procedures for Stripe’s User Policy operation
- Be responsible for drafting and circulating detailed monthly QA reports outlining the QA scores and trends observed, clearly articulating any issues noted and remedial actions to be taken
- Draft regular reports for senior management, highlighting the results and recommendations for mitigations
- Maintain clear and organized documentation in relation to how User Policy Ops quality assurance is structured, including sampling logic and coverage of the QA oversight
- Work cross-functionally with senior Risk, Trust and Product stakeholders to formulate remediation action items and ensure timely compliance with the associated action plans
- Work closely with the Operations Managers and Quality teams at our outsourced and co-sourced vendor network, driving greater vendor accountability, consistency and sourcing improvement opportunities
- Maintain a critical eye on the effectiveness of the User Policy Operations program, and drive experiments on and improvements to the oversight program, to decrease waste and increase confidence in the Quality evaluations
- Conduct quality control assessments on our third-party vendors as required (Audit the Auditor) and conduct ad hoc root-cause analysis of incidents and executive escalations
- Participate in financial partner assessments and regulatory examinations as requested
- Collaborate with the Safety and Risk Operations Quality team to improve team-wide processes, bringing your past experience and knowledge of QA best practices to bear
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- Minimum 4 years of experience across quality assurance and/or controls testing within a User Policy, Risk or Trust function
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Proficiency in SQL, adept at data visualization and storytelling with data including tools such as Tableau
- Certification in operational transformation such as Six Sigma would be beneficial
- Certification in operations management such as COPC or equivalent.
- Prior experience dealing with Business Process Outsourcers and external service providers
- Developing and testing quality scorecards
- Track record of working cross-regionally
- Quality metrics development experience
- Familiarity working in a fast-moving fintech environment
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄