Engineering Manager, Use Cases
Airtable (View all Jobs)
1. Take home project that resembles a problem Airtable solves for 2. Five hour on-site which includes a discussion of the project, UI design, discussing architectural tradeoffs, and code debugging.
$228,000 - $322,905
Democratizing software creation is at the core of Airtable’s mission. To that end, we are aiming to enable creation of apps to unlock execution of various business processes and workflows. In order to realize this vision, we are initially focusing on understanding and building workflows on specific verticals (with an initial focus on product management and marketing operations). A functional focus will help ground our efforts around building primitives in real customer needs, while targeting multiple functions ensures we build primitives with broad applications.
The use cases team focuses on deeply understanding workflows in our target verticals, designing app-like experiences for them, and building product components to enable having these end-to-end workflows on Airtable.
We are looking for an engineering manager to lead the team and in partnership with cross-functional peers and other product teams and help set its long term direction.
What you'll do
- Lead a high-functioning and diverse team of engineers in identifying, designing, and building foundational primitives via a functional lens.
- Partner with cross-functional peers including product, design, data, and user research to come up with and execute against short and long term strategy and plans for the team.
- Nurture a team of passionate and capable engineers. Partner with senior engineers to multiply their impact, and coach & grow early-career engineers.
- Implement processes to help the team scale and be productive, while allowing for agility to accommodate the dynamic environment that we operate in.
- Support Airtable’s engineering presence and culture at our New York office.
Who you are
- Experience leading high performing product teams in a fast paced environment
- Enjoy thinking about and designing products in partnership with product and design partners
- Experience hiring, supporting, and growing mid-level, senior, and staff engineers.
- Clear, thoughtful communicator with strong relationships with cross functional partners
- 2+ years of engineering management experience on a product team.
Compensation awarded to successful candidates will vary based on their work location, relevant skills and experience. The base salary range for this role is $228,000 - $322,905 for work locations in San Francisco, Mountain View, Seattle, NYC and LA. Our total compensation package also includes the opportunity to receive benefits, restricted stock units, and may include incentive compensation.
Airtable is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and strive to create a workplace where everyone has an equal opportunity to thrive. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any characteristic protected by applicable federal and state laws, regulations and ordinances. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant.
If you have a medical condition, disability, or religious belief/practice which inhibits your ability to participate in any part of the application or interview process, please complete our Accommodations Request Form and let us know how we may assist you. Airtable is committed to participating in the interactive process and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants.
Please see our Privacy Notice for details regarding Airtable’s collection and use of personal information relating to the application and recruitment process by clicking here.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄