Engineering Manager, Use Cases
Airtable (View all Jobs)
1. Take home project that resembles a problem Airtable solves for 2. Five hour on-site which includes a discussion of the project, UI design, discussing architectural tradeoffs, and code debugging.
Democratizing software creation is at the core of Airtable’s mission. To that end, we are aiming to enable creation of apps to unlock execution of various business processes and workflows. In order to realize this vision, we are initially focusing on understanding and building workflows on specific verticals (with an initial focus on product management and marketing operations). A functional focus will help ground our efforts around building primitives in real customer needs, while targeting multiple functions ensures we build primitives with broad applications.
The use cases team focuses on deeply understanding workflows in our target verticals, designing app-like experiences for them, and building product components to enable having these end-to-end workflows on Airtable.
We are looking for an engineering manager to lead the team and in partnership with cross-functional peers and other product teams and help set its long term direction.
What you'll do
- Lead a high-functioning and diverse team of engineers in identifying, designing, and building foundational primitives via a functional lens.
- Partner with cross-functional peers including product, design, data, and user research to come up with and execute against short and long term strategy and plans for the team.
- Nurture a team of passionate and capable engineers. Partner with senior engineers to multiply their impact, and coach & grow early-career engineers.
- Implement processes to help the team scale and be productive, while allowing for agility to accommodate the dynamic environment that we operate in.
- Support Airtable’s engineering presence and culture at our New York office.
Who you are
- Experience leading high performing product teams in a fast paced environment
- Enjoy thinking about and designing products in partnership with product and design partners
- Experience hiring, supporting, and growing mid-level, senior, and staff engineers.
- Clear, thoughtful communicator with strong relationships with cross functional partners
- 2+ years of engineering management experience on a product team.
What we offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 80%)
- High deductible health plan available with health savings account contribution
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- Monthly “Lifestyle Wallet” to use for benefits like personal fitness (e.g., gym memberships, fitness equipment, etc.) to pet care to nutrition coaching, and more.
- Complimentary mental health support via Modern Health
- Family planning support via Carrot (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Flexible and generous time off and sick time benefits
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Annual Learning & Development wallet to support your career development
- Emergency backup care for dependents
- Access to financial planning and legal support
- Supplemental reimbursement for Gender Affirmation procedures and services
- Access to pre-tax Transportation & Commuter Benefits
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 300,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $11.7 billion and raised $735 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄