CPQ Systems Engineer
Carta (View all Jobs)
1. Chat with recruiter 2. Chat with one of our engineering leaders 3. Take home assignment that is not timed ( thinking about code production quality in arriving to a solution) 4. Virtual onsite (5 sessions: take home follow up discussion, architecture and design white boarding, chat with a product manager, chat about teamwork, and another meeting with hiring manager ~ about 4 hours) 5. Team matching (non-evaluative)
The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
Learn more about our Series G fundraising round here.
The Team You’ll Work With
Carta is looking for a Software Development Engineer to join our Business Systems team. As a Salesforce/CPQ Developer at Carta, you’re responsible for development, administration, and maintenance of the Salesforce.com ecosystem. We’re looking for candidates to join us immediately.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Configure and maintain Zuora CPQ and (Salesforce Sales Cloud) to meet business requirements, including integration points to Zuora Billing and Salesforce.
- Build, test, and deploy technical solutions within Salesforce, Zuora CPQ and related business systems
- Build your technical solutions to scale and ensure data integrity
- Deliver Salesforce Apex code, develop test classes, optimize technical performance of Salesforce processes, manipulate large data sets, run data conversions, and integrate multiple SAAS technologies with Salesforce
- Develop and maintain comprehensive technical solutions which include all code and configuration
- Proactively identify and schedule operational maintenance tasks to ensure data hygiene
- Fix defects in the solutions you develop and maintain
- Proactively manage technical debt in order to prevent future crises for stakeholders
- Develop solutions using an Agile/Scrum delivery methodology
- Proactively identify problems impacting your progress, conduct root cause analyses, and take action to resolve them
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science.
- Deep knowledge on Salesforce configuration including Workflow Rules, Approvals, Process Builder and flows.
- Experience crafting Lightning Apps combining Lightning Design System, Lightning App Builder and Lightning Web Component features.
- Experience with Salesforce APIs, Apex Triggers, Classes, Callouts, SOQL, and Platform events.
- Experience working on Salesforce Sales Cloud.
- Experience implementing Quote to Cash systems and flows
- Comprehensive large-scale development and delivery experience of Salesforce CPQ with at least one full cycle CPQ implementation. Preferred experience on Zuora CPQ.
- Experience with Application build and deploy using Continuous Integration/ Deployment (CI/CD) tools – preferred Copado
- Experience in using efficient methodologies (e.g. Agile) and driving development platforms.
- Experience working with a billing system is a plus.
Covid Vaccine Policy
In an effort to safeguard the health of our employees, Carta has implemented a policy requiring all new hires to receive the COVID vaccine (including boosters as the individuals become eligible for them). Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. Carta will continue to comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or strongly held religious beliefs. This policy is part of Carta’s ongoing efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of our staff and community, and to support public health efforts.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄