Front-End Web Developer, Portugal
PagerDuty (View all Jobs)
1. Zoom / on-site pair programming and tasks
Programming Languages Mentioned
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for organizations. Over 10,000 enterprises and small to mid-size organizations globally trust PagerDuty to improve digital operations, drive revenue, mitigate threats, protect assets, and delight customers.
As a Front-End Web Developer on the Growth team, you will work with other developers and stakeholders to bring our digital web user journeys to life. You’ll partner with various teams — from content producers and marketing analytics teams to design, UX, and our SEO team to ensure the website is technically sound, optimized, and successful in helping us achieve our goals and KPIs. You will work directly with Product and Growth Engineering Management to define, architect, and build seamless website experiences that drive user acquisition and retention at PagerDuty. Engineers own production services end-to-end, so you will deploy multiple times a week as part of an Agile process.
This role is remote in Portugal, with the ability to travel to our Lisbon office occasionally.
- Working with stakeholders from marketing to sales, you will design and develop websites from initial concept, site architecture, and user interface to finished deliverable.
- You will contribute to the development team by implementing custom WordPress sites based on design layouts developed at the code level.
- You will regularly collaborate with the SEO team to develop sites, pages, and features using recommendations and best practices to deliver exceptional, measurable performance.
- You will work with the development team and marketing analytics to ensure proper instrumentation of tools to track user behavior, metrics, etc. as well as produce automated tests using tools.
- Based on input from historical data, business metrics, and stakeholders, you will design and implement new features, enhancements, and content for existing websites.
- As a member of the web development team, you will help to create and update reusable code libraries to streamline WordPress development cycle and facilitate site documentation and maintenance.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- You’re not a designer, but you know good web UX design and conversion best practices when you see them. You understand usability, responsive design, testing, and technical SEO
- You should have a working knowledge of agile methodologies, requirements gathering, sprint processes, and ceremonies and help prioritize work.
- You are flexible and eager to identify, learn, and use new and changing technologies and are willing to share your knowledge with the rest of the team.
- You have the ability to manage multiple projects at a time without sacrificing attention to detail.
- You know how to collaborate with and influence other developers leveraging your clear communication skills.
- 5+ years of experience working in a high-paced web development growth team
- Demonstrable experience working with WordPress sites, including database/platform configuration in secure enterprise environments; template development and theme customization, and QA
- Experience with optimizing pages for conversion and demand generation
- Prior experience with website analytic tools such as Google Analytics / Google Tag Manager
- Knowledge and experience working with REST APIs (Zendesk, WordPress, Discourse, Drift, Marketo)
- Basic understanding of SEO principles and best practices
- Willingness to collaborate and engage effectively with immediate and interdepartmental team members.
- Experience having scaled websites to meet business requirements
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application
- Experience with design applications (Invision, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Knowledge of Jira or other agile management tools is a plus
- Knowledge of accessibility standards is a plus
- Experience with Docker containers and CI tools
- Experience working with Cloudflare and a general understanding of DNS, edge networks, and HTTP protocol
- Understanding build and deployment strategies for multiple environments is a plus.
- Strong practitioner of documentation and understanding of its value and necessity.
PagerDuty is a global company focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working.
As a Dutonian, you can expect competitive pay and benefits; structured learning, development, and advancement; immersion in our award-winning company culture; and exceptional colleagues. PagerDuty currently has offices in Atlanta, Lisbon, London, San Francisco, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto, with remote opportunities in those countries and Chile. We offer a hybrid, flexible workplace, while also providing ample opportunities for connection in-person and virtually with your fellow Dutonians.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
One way we ensure our employees are inspired to do their best is through a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports them and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Flexible work arrangements
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid volunteer time off - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days & Midyear Wellness Week - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a leader in digital operations management. In an always-on world, organizations of all sizes trust PagerDuty to help them deliver a better digital experience to their customers, every time. Teams use PagerDuty to identify issues and opportunities in real time and bring together the right people to fix problems faster and prevent them in the future. Notable customers include Cisco, Genentech, Electronic Arts, Cox Automotive, Shopify, Zoom, DoorDash and more.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities.
PagerDuty is Great Place to Work-certified™, a Fortune Best Place to Work for Women, and a top rated product on TrustRadius and G2.
Go behind-the-scenes @pagerdutylife on Instagram.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. PagerDuty provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄