Extend (View all Jobs)
1. Phone call 2. A take home project similar to making a PR at work 3. Then a meet & greet with the team.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Extend is modernizing the $100 billion-per-year extended warranty and protection plan industry using cutting-edge technology, and top-notch customer service. After a $260M Series C financing round, we are ready to continue to scale our organization and grow beyond our $1.6B valuation.
Our API-first solution allows any merchant to offer extended warranties and protection plans, both online and offline, while also providing a merchant's end customers with a vastly improved and modern support experience that eliminates many of the issues customers face today with legacy underwriters.
We are a venture-backed startup based in downtown San Francisco that is led by founders who have previously had multiple successful exits. Extend is simplifying the technology stack for the extended warranty industry.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Demonstrate best practices in delivering testable, maintainable code.
- Develop and enhance the Extend Client SDK, including current and future capabilities
- Ensure the development of quality SDK documentation and integration guides
- Contribute to the Client apps shared React component library and design guide, working with the UI design team
- Responsible for ensuring a high level of Accessibility in Extend’s SDK and developer experience
- Participate in technical design, project planning, and development of critical projects.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years of experience in software development primarily with frontend and client APIs
- Strong familiarity with accessibility solutions and browser compatibility
- Experience working with design libraries (especially React design libraries)
- Demonstrated experience doing UX optimization improving user experience (responsiveness, expanded compatibility)
- Good understanding of React patterns and anti-patterns
- Experience creating reusable JS modules and libraries
- Can work autonomously, identify technical debt and proactively work with Product and Design teams to create requirements for the platform.
Nice to Have’s:
- TypeScript experience is a plus
- Familiarity with the AWS ecosystem.
Life at Extend:
- Working with a great team from diverse backgrounds in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental & vision benefits.
- Stock in an early-stage startup growing quickly.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- 401(k) with Financial Guidance from Morgan Stanley.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄