Senior Data Quality Specialist, Motor Vehicle Records
Checkr (View all Jobs)
Remote, United States
1. 1 hour CoderPad problem 2. Four 1 hour interviews: API Design using your computer and languages, Refactoring in language of your choice, Object Design (no coding), System Architecture (no coding) and sometimes a 30 minute manager chat
$96,093 - $113,050
Programming Languages Mentioned
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is looking for a Senior Data Quality Specialist to join the Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) Team. The MVR team is looking for a teammate that is highly collaborative, quality-focused, and cares deeply about the mission of our company. In this role, you will be the subject matter expert on MVR data and sources which will ensure the strong foundation of key existing products and drive opportunities to launch new ones.
You will serve as an analytical partner by building the framework to test data providers and ensuring that Checkr has the best-in-class data sources in terms of speed, quality, and any other metrics that you and other stakeholders think are valuable. This role will work with our Product, Engineering, Product Quality Operations, Data Acquisition Operations, Candidate Experience, and Legal teams to define quality thresholds and drive improvements in the performance, quality, and accuracy of Checkr’s data enabled solutions through data-driven insights.
- Reconcile data between various systems, find opportunities to innovate, and optimize Checkr’s product and data supply chain
- Leverage deep subject matter expertise to drive key product improvements and help facilitate cross-functional initiatives
- Scope and manage ad hoc analytic projects driven by the needs of the business such as cost-modeling and quality analysis
- Help educate coworkers and be an advocate for enhancing Checkr’s data-informed culture
- Work closely with product, engineering and quality teams to spec out opportunities to operationalize process improvements
- Experience in the motor vehicle reporting industry and deep understanding of MVR data
- Applied business analytics experience, ideally in an agile team with a fast-paced/start-up environment
- Proficiency with data analysis and tools (eg. google sheets, excel, SQL and relational databases)
- Detail oriented and quality minded with an eagerness to learn
- Excellent skills in: written and verbal communication, collaboration, and project management
Nice to Have:
- Relationships with MVR data providers / DMVs / AAMVA
- Experience with Criminal data (Federal, County, State, etc)
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $96,093 - $113,050
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄