AMER: Sr. Full Stack Engineer
Algolia (View all Jobs)
New York, New York
1. Take-home project 2. Onsite discussions and presentation
Programming Languages Mentioned
**All candidates should be based on the East Coast - and able to support East Coast time zone.
Algolia's Customer Experiences team manages enabling of customers, partners, and internal Customer Success teams on product capabilities and implementation. This role will own creating and maintaining an enablement site that showcases and trains users on product implementation using lab exercises. This site will be used for internal enablement and demo to customers and partners, as well as to create materials for the Academy, Algolia’s Learning Management platform.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Prototype and catalog new solutions to fit business pain points
- Define and implement architecture, indexing, searching, and UI best practices
- Expand relationship and product usage within the enterprise segment
- Work with Engineering and Product teams to track and resolve feature requests and bugs
- Meet with Product to stay informed on the latest changes to Algolia ecosystem and implement those updates into the Enablement site
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Capability to tactfully navigate and effectively address client messaging and recommendations
- Proficient in a backend framework (i.e. node, Rails, Django, etc.)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a history of hands-on project management of large and small initiatives
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively with a high-level of attention to detail
- Ability to quickly define dependencies, issues, and outline mitigation plans against risks
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while being flexible and responding to changing business and technical conditions
- Ability to communicate effectively to both the technology and business communities
- Consistent history of business-building successes and passion for results
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with virtual lab platforms e.g. Instruqt or Skillable
- Familiarity in relevant verticals E-commerce/SaaS/Media
- Experience within search domain and search-as-a-service companies
- Experience at our current stage and beyond ($50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure)
- Preference for candidates with experience at our current stage and beyond (over 10,000 customers, $50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Austin, and Bucharest. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 12,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, New York, Austin, Atlanta, and Bucharest. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄