Product Decision Scientist III
Calendly (View all Jobs)
1. 45 min chat with engineering director 2. Take-home assignment 3. All day technical & cultural fit interview. Tech assessments include system design, extension of the takehome assignment, and bug fix pairing.
Programming Languages Mentioned
What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Product Research team?
The Product Decision Scientist will have a unique opportunity to join a quickly growing Product Research team to help us become a customer obsessed product organization with a data-informed strategy that is measured and validated throughout the development lifecycle. Decision Science empowers Calendly product teams to understand and quantify our impact to customers through meaningful and actionable product insights that drive product strategy and innovation.
We do this by guiding experimentation efforts and partnering with Product Managers and leaders in setting OKRs that help us impact our customers and the business. In partnership with Product Researchers, we better uncover insights within our rapidly growing and diversifying user base to build customer empathy and create a shared understanding of business performance and growth opportunities throughout the organization. We develop best practices in experimentation, KPI measurement and goal setting. Decision Scientists are thought leaders in understanding critical business issues around activation, engagement, and retention through various methodologies such as growth modeling, cohort analysis, clustering, regression, and behavioral analysis. If you’re seeking an opportunity to tackle big problems and strongly influence product strategy, then this is the job for you.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Drive decision science efforts within a product group or squad to inform leadership about retention drivers, growth strategy, and help define OKRs and our experimentation roadmap
- Support efforts to roll out new practices or programs across the product organization to help us strengthen our analytics practice; these may include things such as data governance, experimentation, and KPI definition
- Effectively communicate findings, results, and recommendations to leadership, product teams, and the company, tailoring the message the fit the needs of the audience you’re presenting to
- Ensure data and insights are timely, trustworthy, and actionable to drive decisions across Calendly
- Partner with Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, and other cross-functional teammates to define analytics and experimentation roadmaps, define KPIs, review results and business impact, and opportunity size future product initiatives; align analytics and research activities to inform decision-making and action
- Represent the voice of the business goals and growth levers among cross-functional partners by highlighting product performance, retention drivers, user behaviors, and synthesize findings across multiple channels of data and customer feedback
- Apply quantitative methods to uncover insights (including, but not limited to experimentation, statistical analysis, cohort analysis, retention analysis, growth models, cluster analysis, and segmentation)
- Synthesize large behavioral data sets and partner with Product Insights Researchers to create a complete picture of the Calendly customer, their behaviors, and needs
- Define and maintain baselines of Features and identify opportunities for optimization and measure improvement over time
- Serve as a SME in using and guiding others to use tools such as Optimizely, Heap, SQL/Redshift, and Segment
- Create and maintain the dashboards in our BI platform and specify data integrations, tables/views, and/or gaps necessary to conduct robust cross-channel and cross-platform analysis
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- At least 5+ years of experience in a product analytics, growth, strategy, or insights role
- Previous experience at a SaaS company strongly preferred
- A track record of helping cross-functional product teams identify and prioritize analytics needs and experimentation opportunities that will deliver high-quality, data-driven insights in a timely manner using the appropriate methodologies
- Intermediate to Advanced SQL Skills
- Experience in A/B testing statistics
- Previous experience collaborating with others and creating insights from data and analysis
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a rapidly growing and changing organization
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄