Data Engineer, Roads
Mapbox (View all Jobs)
1. Conversational interviews 2. Paid onsite project with team.
Programming Languages Mentioned
SQL, Python, Java
Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
Joining us as a Data Engineer, you'll play a key role in one of the aspects of developing software/tech for best in class road features, navigation, and high definition maps. You'll bring your experience and skills to our exciting project within a competent, cross-functional, passionate and self-organized team.
What You'll Do
- Take ownership, improve, scale and iterate on existing data processing pipelines
- Design and implement new data processing pipelines;
- Collect and monitor performance metrics;
- Play a central role in discussing and implementing security best practices.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Good knowledge of at least one programming language (Python, Scala, Java);
- Comfortable with SQL, good understanding of SQL engine basics;
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles;
- Hands-on experience with Spark / PySpark;
- Experience with Hadoop (or similar) Ecosystem;
- Experience with workflow management tools (Airflow, Oozie, Luigi);
- Experience with AWS services, in particular S3, EC2, IAM, EMR, Glue, Athena, Kinesis;
- Creative, resourceful and innovative problem solver;
- Excellent team player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment;
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄