Ginger (View all Jobs)
1. Realistic coding exercise 2. Take-home project 3. Virtual onsite (system design, experience, and culture)
Headspace and Ginger have recently merged to become Headspace Health! While roles are still being recruited separately on our respective websites, new hires from this point forward will be joining Headspace Health. For more information, please speak with your recruiter!
About the Engineering Manager at Headspace Health:
In this role, you will join a cross-functional team focusing on creating the tools and frameworks that allow engineers to build and release quickly, free of unnecessarily complicated technical processes and inefficiencies while creating a scalable, reliable, and maintainable platform that fosters future growth and expansion.
Being on the engineering team, you’ll be working on a product that impacts more than 70M users. You will help us bring new features to life to meet our mission, while also helping push our platform to newer technologies as we embrace the cutting edge. A big goal needs talented people, so come join us and give your day job a sense of purpose!
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace Health:
- Execution and delivery - do not let projects get stuck, remove roadblocks from the team before they are reached, getting your hands dirty in the code by doing the pieces in the gaps that would cause too great a context switch for your team
- Proactive communication - engaging with the team’s stakeholders to anticipate their needs, delivering on them, or transparently adjusting expectations.
- People management - coaching, mentoring, and performance management are all critical traits of a people manager. Leading with empathy and being able to extract the best out of the team and enable them to grow in their careers.
What you’ve accomplished:
- 8+ years of relevant engineering work experience
- 2+ hands-on technical management experience
- Exceptional system design abilities which include experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications
- Able to use business knowledge to guide team technical decisions
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and process improvement skills
- Evaluates existing applications to determine technical changes
- Leading teams through complex multi-month projects with clear goals, deliverables, measurements, and milestones
- Excels at software delivery. You are a pro at architecture, testing, monitoring, alerting, and are excited to apply these principles to your team
- Ability to thrive in a startup (fast-paced, agile) environment
- Strong communication skills and the ability to be self-directed when necessary
- Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers
- Been actively involved in setting a tooling strategy
- Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering
- BA/BS degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace Health, please apply with your resume and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄