Staff Mobile Engineer, Elements
Stripe (View all Jobs)
United States, Canada
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
The Elements team’s mission is to enable developers to build best-in-class web and mobile experiences for the internet economy. Our web elements and mobile SDKs enable a range of use cases including, payment experiences that serve users around the world, end-to-end shopping experience, SaaS focused experiences and more across startups, growth and enterprise users. Elements is critical to merchants and to Stripe and acts as the front door for a significant portion of the payment volume that flows through our infrastructure.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a product-focused mobile engineer to be a key partner to engineering leadership in driving the technical and product vision for our SDKs on mobile. The role is critical for the merchants that use Stripe on iOS and Android, ensuring that they can easily build end-user experiences that are beautiful, secure and reliable. You will think deeply about the integration experience we offer mobile developers, ranging from the shape and functionality offered by our SDKs to the end-to-end documentation experience. You will also think deeply about how we can platformize our offering to help us scale mobile development at Stripe while maintaining an extremely high bar on quality & reliability.
- Work with engineers on product teams across the company to develop new features for Stripe’s mobile users.
- Collaborate with other mobile developers who work on Stripe SDKs to set best practices for mobile development across the company.
- Work with user research, product management, and design to understand and address our user’s needs.
- Mentor and guide other mobile developers, both within Elements Mobile and elsewhere across Stripe.
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- Have a strong technical background, with 8+ years of engineering experience and 5+ years in iOS and/or Android development. This role is scoped for a Staff-level engineer.
- Have prior experience shipping mobile SDKs to customers at scale, including responsibility for continuous integration & testing, release management, and feedback collection.
- Have managed significant open source projects. Much of the work and interactions with users on our mobile SDKs happens in public on Stripe’s github.
- Have a desire and ability to empathize with the many different types of users who depend on Stripe’s mobile app.
- Listen well and internalize the best ideas from all over the organization while also setting a vision that others are excited to get behind.
- Prefer simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and have a good intuition for what is lasting and scalable.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄