Aurora Innovation (View all Jobs)
1. Simplified real-world coding task on Coderpad.io 2. Time-boxed take-home assignment 3. Face-to-face meeting with teammates.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Vehicle Reliability Triage Analyst to be located in either Pittsburgh, PA or Mountain View, CA. In this role, you will work closely with our vehicle reliability engineers, software engineers, program managers, and operations leads to support the triage and burndown of vehicle software issues. You will be responsible for triaging and classifying issues, generating reports, analyzing large data sources, and tracking all software issues the autonomous vehicle fleet encounters while in the field and in offline testing.
In this role you will:
- Analyze events from on-road autonomous vehicle testing as well as offline simulated vehicle testing and performing Apparent Cause Analysis
- Collaborate with engineers, technicians, and operators to improve product performance, drive down faults, and maximize test efficiency
- Generate queries that highlight specific trends and data points from a wide range of sources
- Create reports that pull from these above queries to provide varying degrees of information, ranging from executive-level overviews to engineering-level deep dives
- Document and track issues in aggregate and help to determine engineering priority based on frequency, severity, and ever-changing company directives
- Help develop tooling to aid in the triage of and reporting on issues
- Ability to work day shift (Time 0900 AM - 1700 PM Local, though some flexibility is allowed)
- 2+ years experience working in a data analytics or software development field
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or related STEM field
- 2+ years experience with the Linux Operating System and overall comfort with the Command Line environment
- Programming skills in automated testing and data processing (e.g Python, SQL)
- Familiarity with various ticketing systems (Jira, Phabricator, Asana, etc.)
- Detail oriented self starter with strong desire to learn new skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate across different teams, offices, and time zones
- Ability to wear different hats and quickly multitask
- Excellent documentation skills
- 2+ years experience with various querying languages (JQL, SQL, etc.)
- Previous automotive or AV technical experience
- Fault analysis experience
- Data Analytics experience
- Knowledge of CAN bus architecture
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
At the core of everything we do is our commitment to safety. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and we believe that each employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. Aurora expects commitment to our safety policies from every employee, and seeks candidates who take an active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization’s long-term success by prioritizing working safely, no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄