Samsara (View all Jobs)
1. Phone interview 2. Onsite interview (technical challenges based on real problems we've faced at Samsara)
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Samsara is hiring Software Engineers to build web-based IoT solutions at scale.
We have the pace and progression that are usually associated with a start-up, but the tools, rewards and product-market fit that you get from working for one of San Francisco’s most prestigious tech companies.
Our engineers have end-to-end ownership of everything they build - including front-end, back-end, and mobile. You’ll be a key member of the team and recognised for your expertise.
Your team is a cross-functional product team that designs, develops and maintains the solutions needed to cater to the needs of our transportation and logistics customers. This can vary from helping our partners reduce the number of accidents across their operations, to helping them understand when a truck needs maintenance, to reducing the amount of fuel they consume.
It’s deeply complex work that solves global problems and challenges. The potential to make an impact and drive change here is huge.
In this role, you will:
- Work with product managers, designers, firmware and infra engineers to architect, build, test and deliver full stack features
- Maintaining the production systems that your team owns and provide operational support
- Solve problems that enable our product for our European and global customers
- Grow as an engineer - Samsara devs are constantly learning. We’re an engineering-first organisation with ample room for progression
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- You will be a skilled engineer who enjoys and excels at building complex and scalable solutions
- This role will suit someone who’s comfortable building out out new end-to-end features
- You’ll be interested in joining a relatively small team in Europe (less than 20) to help it grow and scale into something special
- Communication skills are important to us. You’ll be able to explain why you build something a certain way and be open to suggestions from other engineers. The team loves high standards and clean code!
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄