Senior Software Engineer - Identity and Access Management (IAM)
Ramp (View all Jobs)
New York, Miami, Remote
1. Phone interview on a basic applied problem 2. Followed by 2-3 onsite programming interviews that test practical day-to-day software skills.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Ramp is building the next generation of finance tools—from corporate cards and expense management, to bill payments and accounting integrations—designed to save businesses time and money with every click. Over 5000 businesses are spending an average of 3.3% less and closing their books 8 times faster, thanks to Ramp’s finance automation platform that enables billions of dollars of purchases each year.
Founded in 2019, Ramp has seen nearly 10x year-over-year growth which has led to a valuation of $8.1 billion in just over 3 years. Its investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The team is made up of talented leaders from some of the leading financial services and fintech companies—Capital One, Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Visa—as well as high-growth technology companies like Facebook, Spotify, Zendesk, Uber, Dropbox, and Instacart. Recently named Fast Company’s most innovative finance company, Ramp is NYC’s fastest-growing startup and America’s fastest-growing corporate card.
About the Role
The Identity team builds the foundational platform for identity at Ramp, which includes authentication, authorization, and core domain models. Our aim is to make the platform as secure and seamless as possible, to delight Ramp’s users and businesses in those first crucial moments while onboarding to our platform, and enable larger and more complex use cases for Ramp.
Check out our Engineering Blog for more on our tech stack, mission and values!
What You’ll Do
- Reimagine and build the next generation of authentication and authorization at Ramp, providing a secure foundation to power Ramp’s growth.
- Collaborate with engineering teams, product managers, and other stakeholders to solve complex challenges.
- Build underlying platform primitives for other engineering teams at Ramp to utilize and leverage for their work.
- Set the technical vision for the team’s platforms and products and lead design discussions and implementation of multiple complex projects
- Continuously increase your ownership and deepen your expertise in both product and platform areas.
- Inspire and mentor less experienced engineers and interns
What You Need
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment, continuously grow, and master your craft
- Track record of shipping high-quality products and features at scale
- Ability to turn business and product ideas into engineering solutions
Nice to Haves
- Experience or interest in Authentication, Authorization, Federation, and Identity Management.
- Interest in protocols such as SAML, OAuth 2.0, SCIM, and OpenID Connect.
- Experience with our tech stack which includes: Python (Flask), AWS, RabbitMQ, Celery, Redis, and PostgreSQL
- Proficiency with relational databases and SQL
- Passion for, or curiosity to learn, financial technology
Ramp Benefits (for U.S. based employees)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- OneMedical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match)
- Unlimited PTO
- Annual education reimbursement
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Monthly wellness stipend; Headspace annual membership
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄