iOS Engineer, Identity
Stripe (View all Jobs)
US / Canada
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Before Stripe, every growing internet platform had a payments team. Today, every growing internet platform has an Identity team. Identity verification is a core piece of economic infrastructure for online businesses. Great Identity solutions can help platforms automate the process of satisfying regulatory obligations while keeping their users safe. Join Stripe to build a service that empowers platforms to take the burden and cost out of identity verifications and scale globally with ease.
Our SDK makes use of native capabilities and libraries such as camera, core ML, hardware acceleration and more. We’ve built a rich user experience and will continue to invest in a conversion-friendly customer journey with meaningful animation.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for an experienced mobile developer to join the Stripe Identity Verification team to build and extend our iOS SDK which enables businesses to extend their identity verification experiences into native iOS apps.
- Design and build the Stripe Identity iOS SDK
- Develop new features and continuously refine the integration experience for this SDK
- Contribute to the overall design, look and feel of Stripe Identity Verification end user experiences including pushing the state of the art forward in motion design and interactivity
- Collaborate with mobile developers who work on Stripe SDKs to help set best practices for mobile development across the company
- Work with user research to understand users and address their needs
- Improve engineering standards, tools, and processes
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 7+ years shipping products
- 2+ years of experience developing iOS applications and/or SDKs
- 2+ years of experience using React Native
- Experience with React.js and backend development
- You’re passionate about building tools for developers and businesses
- Good familiarity with iOS AVFoundation and CoreML frameworks
- Experience building high quality user experiences using CoreAnimation
- In addition to building apps, you’ve built or contributed to open-source libraries, and enjoy the art of API design
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄