Senior Software Engineer - License Framework
Samsara (View all Jobs)
San Francisco, CA
1. Phone interview 2. Onsite interview (technical challenges based on real problems we've faced at Samsara)
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Samsara is seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join the License Framework team.
The License Framework and Release Management team is responsible for powering feature flags and building processes and systems around them to make it easier for Samsara to create, manage and enforce licenses and manage and deploy software. With customers from almost every team in the company and visible services used by every Samsara user, this team and role has a large impact area and exciting opportunities to work across stacks and with multiple engineering teams.
In this role, you will:
- Design and develop systems serving Samsara’s growing user base and product teams to manage feature rollout and feature definition
- Design and develop tooling and infrastructure to allow engineering teams to implement and maintain features
- Work across stack to ensure features are represented at each level (frontend, backend services, databases)
- Propose technical solutions and lead technical decision making on some of the team’s initiatives
- Help mentor, develop, and support other engineers on the team
- Maintain regular feedback loop to allow for implementation iterations and making adjustments
- Contribute to our culture and maintain an inclusive, collaborative and supportive work environment where all Samsara employees can grow and thrive
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 4+ years of industry experience in software development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong programming/coding and design fundamentals
- Professional experience working with a team to develop software
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience in developing, deploying and maintaining distributed, highly scalable software
- Demonstrated ability to help develop the technical mastery of our newer engineering team members
- Proactive growth mindset and improve on status quo
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄