Senior Software Engineer - Application (Java)
The Nerdery (View all Jobs)
Remote, Chicago, Illinois, United States, Edina, Minnesota, United States, Phoenix, Arizona, United States, Remote
1. Take-home exercise
Programming Languages Mentioned
At Nerdery, our Software Engineering team believes strongly in quality workmanship, meaningful collaboration, and outstanding customer service. We pride ourselves on being able to partner with our clients to develop custom software to solve their business problems. From startups to corporations, our team makes an impact on millions of users every day.
- Reviewing and intaking assets from our partners and provide feedback on the technical implications.
- Composing maintainable, scalable, and modular client-side architecture and that integrates well with a diverse set of back-end platforms.
- Documenting key aspects of a project for the client, and other team members.
- Contributing to our collective brainpower through innovation and peer review.
Technical skills required:
- Strong understanding of Java, Spring Boot experience required
- Experience with automated unit testing (eg JUnit)
- Experience with at least one relational database (e.g. Postgres, SQL Server, MySQL)
- Comfortable implementing RESTful APIs
- Confident with use of Git for version control
Bonus technical skills:
- Experience with a major cloud vendor (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tooling (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes or other orchestration tools
- Experience working with NoSQL databases, e.g. MongoDB, DynamoDB
- Experience with authentication/authorization flows (e.g. OAuth/OpenID Connect, SAML)
- Experience developing continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deployment pipelines
- Experience with a modern client-side web framework (e.g. React, Angular, Vue)
Location Options: Chicago, Minneapolis, Phoenix or Remote
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄