Senior Frontend Engineer
Listen Lively (View all Jobs)
1. 1 hour pair programming exercise on codesandbox 2. A second 1 hour pair programming exercise on codesandbox 3. Followed by non-technical interview(s) with team members.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Hi, we’re Lively. Are you?
We’re revolutionizing hearing care. We’re on a mission to empower tens of millions of people to hear better through convenient, personalized hearing care — at a fraction of the cost thanks to telemedicine. We’re led by a crew of enormously talented thinkers, creators, and doers who are as collaborative as they are compassionate (and passionate). It’s an exciting time to be here.
So, why Lively?
In three years, we went from a scrappy startup to a leader in the direct-to-consumer hearing care space with the backing of our parent company GN, a global pioneer in intelligent audio solutions, to prove it. We’re a data-thirsty, outcomes-driven group that cares as deeply about our employees as we do our customers. If you’re looking for a place that will challenge you intellectually and creatively, a place that will cultivate your career and support your growth, come join our growing team.
About the role.
What you’ll do.
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
What you’ll bring.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience working as a Frontend or Fullstack Engineer.
- Deep understanding of core modern web concepts such as Single Page Apps and server side vs. client side rendering.
- Familiarity with server-side technologies, preferably Node.js.
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities.
Why we love it here.
Changing lives and revolutionizing hearing care sounds like serious business. And it is. But we know how to have fun along the way. Case in point: our energizing weekly all-hands meetings where you’ll smile so much your smile muscles might get sore.
It helps that we have such a diverse crew — so you’ll fit right in. The Lively family includes actors, sommeliers, top-chefs, a former professional rollerblader (yep, that’s a thing), dancers, black belts, filmmakers and countless four-legged furry sidekicks.
Even our benefits are Lively.
- You’re worth it. Our compensation is competitive, and our 401k plan includes a 4% match.
- Take care of yourself and your loved ones. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance and contribute generously to it. Adding a new member to your family? We also provide 12-weeks paid parental leave.
- Fill that well! Whether you check out America’s natural treasures or just veg out on your couch, enjoy your paid time off. We encourage time off.
- Nomnom on us. Lively offers a weekly lunch stipend. (Pro tip: Groceries count.)
Lively Hearing Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. If you receive an offer of employment from Lively, you will need to go through the E-Verify process of digital verification of your employment authorization documents as provided on the Form I-9. Participation in E-Verify does not limit your right to work and verification will only be completed after you become an employee with Lively.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄