Senior Software Engineer, Front End
Pie Insurance (View all Jobs)
1. Phone screen with recruiter 2. Technical screen in the form of a pair-programming session to debug and test existing code 3. Final round is a multi-round session that typically includes demonstrations for backend, frontend, and design skills (and they are collaborative in nature) but are not odd Leetcode style questions. There is also a cultural/behavioral fit round, but that does not involve coding/design demonstrations.
$155,000 - $210,000
Programming Languages Mentioned
How You’ll Do It
- Operate as the go-to person for front-end related matters within our technology stack.
- You view working with product management, design, stakeholders, and your fellow engineers as a collaborative and transparent process.
- Continually evolve engineering practices and architectural designs to meet Pie’s goals in partnership with Principal Engineers and Technology leadership.
- Deliver software using continuous delivery and leverage your experience to enhance delivery pipelines.
- Continually build highly modular and reusable code using industry standards and best practices.
- Mentor other engineers and be deeply involved in the code review process.
- You view on-call rotations as a normal part of your software engineering duties and are constantly looking for ways to improve operational stability and visibility.
The Right Stuff
- A minimum of 4 years experience in progressive software development is required.
- Experience working with sophisticated application state (e.g. Apollo Client, Redux, MobX or similar).
- Experience configuring the bundling and deployment of modern web applications, using tools such as Webpack, Babel, Vite, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of API integration, orchestration, and async design patterns.
- A strong background in leading cross-team and cross-application initiatives, and demonstrable experience coordinating engineering, product, design, and other stakeholders in these efforts
Base compensation for position: $155,000 - $210,000
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive cash compensation
- A piece of the pie (in the form of equity)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO, including paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Generous parental and caregiver leave
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as pie. That includes our offer process. When we’ve identified a talented individual who we’d like to be a Pie-oneer , we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience, along with their compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
Each year Pie reviews company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Unless otherwise specified, this role has the option to be hybrid or remote. Hybrid work locations provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver or DC office and from home. Remote team members must live and work in the United States* (*territories excluded), and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄