Lead Software Engineer - Mapping
Aurora Innovation (View all Jobs)
1. Simplified real-world coding task on Coderpad.io 2. Time-boxed take-home assignment 3. Face-to-face meeting with teammates.
$172,000 - $181,000
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Lead Software Engineer to join Aurora’s Mapbuild team. The Mapbuild team is responsible for rapidly updating and maintaining extremely high-quality, large scale, geometric data in Aurora’s HD Map, the Aurora Atlas.
In this role, you will
- Build out the next generation of high-definition 3D maps to be used by the Aurora Driver.
- Deliver extremely scalable solutions to meet the needs of large scale mapping initiatives and map maintenance.
- Improve the quality and speed of highly-automated updates to 3D geometric map data.
- Be passionate about quality at every level of design and implementation.
- Work closely with an operations team to rapidly iterate on solutions.
- Experience in advanced geometric algorithms (examples include but are not limited to: meshing algorithms, triangularization, clustering, ray tracing, surface reconstruction etc.)
- Experience working with lidar data, high-resolution imagery or similar complex sensor formats
- Minimum of 6 years of C++ development experience
- Minimum of 4 years of Python development experience
- Minimum of 4 years working on large-scale compute pipelines.
Benefits at Aurora:
Learn more about comprehensive benefits available at Aurora: https://aurora.tech/our-benefits
The base pay salary for this position is $172,000 – $181,000/year. Salary may be negotiable based on experience. In addition to base salary, this role is also eligible for Aurora’s bonus program and equity grants.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
At the core of everything we do is our commitment to safety. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and we believe that each employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. Aurora expects commitment to our safety policies from every employee, and seeks candidates who take an active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization’s long-term success by prioritizing working safely, no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄