Software Engineer, ML Accelerators
Aurora Innovation (View all Jobs)
Mountain View, California
1. Simplified real-world coding task on Coderpad.io 2. Time-boxed take-home assignment 3. Face-to-face meeting with teammates.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Software Engineer to focus on ML Accelerators
In this role, you will
- Work closely with our autonomy and hardware teams to understand our on-vehicle ML technology
- Develop perspectives on where opportunities and gaps might be in our machine learning software and hardware strategy with a longer-term horizon in mind
- Maintain relationships and intel across the ML ecosystem including both established players and start-ups (accelerators, software modules, etc.) for both existing and future products
- Execute internal research and development of ML software and hardware technology
- Surface high-impact findings to relevant Engineering leadership, keeping feedback loop going to influence Aurora’s ML strategy
- Help drive value to key engineering stakeholders
- Minimum 5+ years of professional experience
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Strong programming skills in C++, Python
- Familiarity with at least one deep learning framework (PyTorch, TensorFlow, MXNet, etc.)
- Basic understanding of computer vision deep learning models.
- Strong analytical skills, especially for performance troubleshooting (e.g. profiling, roofline model)
- Familiarity with CUDA, OpenCL, OpenVX, Halide or other SIMD programming models
- Familiarity with ML-specific accelerators (NPUs, TPUs, IPUs, etc…)
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technology
- Ability to work on large code bases and a fast growing environment.
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable with Linux/other unix environments
- Experience with inference on edge platforms
- Experience with cloud ML training pipelines
- HPC experience
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
At the core of everything we do is our commitment to safety. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and we believe that each employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. Aurora expects commitment to our safety policies from every employee, and seeks candidates who take an active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization’s long-term success by prioritizing working safely, no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄