Senior Electrical Engineer
Aurora Innovation (View all Jobs)
1. Simplified real-world coding task on Coderpad.io 2. Time-boxed take-home assignment 3. Face-to-face meeting with teammates.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Senior Electrical Engineering to work on the company's Lidar technology.
In this role, you will
- Lead the design and build of the electronics, and electrical architecture for LiDAR. Requires strong EE fundamentals supported by the use of CAD tools, to capture schematic designs, manage PCB layout, Power/Signal simulation/emulation, and manufacturing NPI.
- Work cross-functionally to gather requirements, model, simulate or emulate critical electrical systems/functionality to inform functional, performance and cost product metrics. Build, Integrate, test, and debug these electrical components on bench and in vehicles. Leverage advanced test equipment like oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and network analyzers to inform design robustness.
- Work with external and internal partners/suppliers to qualify new technologies for use within the Aurora Driver.
- Work with Mechanical, Software, and hardware platform partner teams to define and deliver high quality electrical designs to manufacturing, along with supporting test infrastructure to meet product coverage and yield goals. Requires knowledge of production processes (build/test) and extensive experience bringing a design to production.
- Work with Supply Chain and Manufacturing partners to qualify suppliers, parts and processes.
- Works closely with Program Management to coordinate technical dependencies, deliverables and schedules.
- This role requires a bachelor's or master's degree with a focus in electrical or computer engineering.
- Proficiency in Signal and Power Integrity Design and Analysis, power systems design, high speed signaling, grounding.
- Knowledge of on-board communication buses (I2C, SPI, UART, etc.)
- Proficiency with design for EMI/EMC theory and practices.
- Applicants with a master's degree should have 5+ years of applicable professional experience with direct responsibility of successful product deliverables.
- Applicants with a bachelor's degree should have 8+ years of applicable professional experience with direct contribution to successful product deliverables.
- Proven Debug and Troubleshooting skills/aptitude at the system, board and chip level.
- Expertise with lab instruments (Oscilloscopes, Analyzers, DMMs, Power Supplies, and E-loads).
- Proven knowledge of process, tools and product life cycle management.
- Familiarity with functional safety concepts and safety critical systems
- Experience porting embedded OS to a new microprocessor
- Scripting and automation of tests using programming languages (python) and lab instruments
- Knowledge of automotive communication protocols (CAN, LIN, FlexRay, 100/100Base-T1)
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
At the core of everything we do is our commitment to safety. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and we believe that each employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. Aurora expects commitment to our safety policies from every employee, and seeks candidates who take an active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization’s long-term success by prioritizing working safely, no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄