Software Engineer in Test - Ubuntu Hardware Certification
Canonical (View all Jobs)
Office Based - Taipei, Taiwan
1. Review your open source contributions at shortlist stage. 2. 4x60m interviews over Hangouts, each of which is carried out blind (none of the interviewers talk to each other until the final review). The company is fully remote, so there is no on-site.
Programming Languages Mentioned
This is an exciting opportunity for a software engineer passionate about open source software, quality and Linux running smoothly on the latest and greatest hardware. You will work closely with the rest of the Certification team to develop the certification test suites, metrics and continuous integration practices to validate and deepen the Ubuntu hardware certification.
Ubuntu Hardware Certification is responsible for ensuring reliable hardware compatibility with Ubuntu Linux. We work together with silicon companies, OEMs, ODMs and and teams within Canonical to ensure a smooth, secure out of the box Ubuntu experience, with success in this role leading to a great Ubuntu experience being offered on more and more devices.
Joining Canonical is a unique opportunity for an exceptional leader passionate about open source. We offer a fun, fast-paced team environment and a career full of learning and development opportunities.
What you’ll do
- Develop, enhance, automate hardware certification test suites using test automation tools such as Canonical’s open source Checkbox
- Develop testing tools, internal applications, hardware lab infrastructure
- Pioneer the use of test automation hardware designed at Canonical, working actively to feed back and help design further hardware iterations
- Maintain the continuous integration environment used as part of Certification testing
- Critically review Ubuntu certification requests and deliver Ubuntu certifications
- Work from home with international travel up to 4 weeks per year for internal and external events
Who you are
- You have excellent troubleshooting skills and experience working with others to identify, isolate and resolve issues
- You have experience with quality processes and continuous integration tools
- You enjoy an open, transparent working culture and have experience working with agile processes
- You have strong written and verbal technical communication skills
- You have a good understanding of Linux system architecture
- Experience of automated testing practices in a hardware setting
- Passion for open source
- In-depth project experience with Python
- A Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, the world’s best free software platform. Our services help businesses worldwide reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄