Senior Quality Engineer, Mobile
UserTesting (View all Jobs)
1. Initial interview 2. Pair programming 3. Offer
Programming Languages Mentioned
UserTesting® was founded in 2007, crossed $100M in revenue in 2020, and began trading under USER on the NYSE in 2021. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, with regional offices in Atlanta, Edinburgh, and Singapore. A trusted company by top brands for 14+ years, UserTesting has over 2,500 customers in 45 countries including more than half of the world’s top 100 most valuable brands according to Forbes.
A leader in video-based human insight, we believe the path to human understanding starts with shared insight—seeing and hearing how another person engages with the world around them and taking in their perspective. We’re for capturing the kind of human responses that don’t show up in a spreadsheet. This is what inspires us, and it’s how we enable companies to connect with their audiences, authentically, through an experience that’s uniquely, and intentionally, human.
We’re proud to have been named to the Inc. Best-Led Companies of 2021 and the Fortune Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 lists, along with having received a variety of additional workplace and corporate growth awards. Choosing to join our team means being part of a passionate group focused on transforming the way companies understand their customers and build better products and experiences. Come join us and help us build the engine for human understanding!
About the Team:
UserTesting is looking for a Senior Quality Engineer, with a passion for innovation and collaboration. As a member of the engineering team, you will be responsible for performing proactive end to end testing and verification for ongoing product releases, managing defect resolution, and helping to ensure the continuous delivery of features. We consider quality engineers an integral partner of our quality driven culture.
The right candidate will collaborate effectively as part of a wider engineering team with a focus on Mobile projects. You should have solid experience in regression testing design and execution as well as ability to debug and troubleshoot problems, not simply identify them.
As an engineer at UserTesting you will be part of a passionate team that works effectively as a distributed group. You will receive support for your personal and professional growth including a twice annual Product & Engineering meetup where our teams work (and play) together around themed activities to advance our product, platform and people.
- Define testing strategy for features and partner with Software Engineers to implement the automated testing plan across the multiple application layers
- Rigorously test product functionality and investigate all potential product defects
- Work closely with software developers and stakeholders to ensure that acceptance criteria is testable
- Design and manage comprehensive test plans for each feature release
- Work to identify root causes of issues and partner with engineering team members to resolve
- Act as the technical test resource to project teams, ensuring reported defects and feature requests have the information required to address and resolve them
- Document and manage the process for reporting production defects
- Act as liaison between engineering and other departments to determine next steps and communicate defect status
- Work effectively within a team environment, to regularly solicit and act on feedback, focus on root causes, and continually strive to improve
- Collaborate naturally with peers and functions outside of engineering, and with peers who are both remote and co-located in the UK and USA
What We’re Looking For In This Role:
- Experience in a similar role
- Functional/regression testing design and execution experience using multiple techniques such as test automation, exploratory testing, testing in production, and others.
- Experience with testing strategies and automation of Mobile products (Android and iOS)
- Cloud computing experience
- Working knowledge of Swift and Kotlin or other development experience
- Experience with mobile automation tools such as Espresso, XCUITests or Appium
- Experience with testing internal and external APIs and working with Service-Oriented applications
- Ability to debug and troubleshoot problems, not simply identify them
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality engineering within agile processes; how QE can help software teams deliver greater business value
- Mobile Automated and performance testing experience
- Experience testing on multiple devices, browsers and platforms
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with agile development processes such as Lean/Scrum/Kanban/XP
- Familiarity with flow-based development processes and releasing apps into the App/Play Store
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with the SQL database concepts and ability to analyse and write queries
- Experience in the field of User Experience
- Experience using UserTesting is a big plus!
To learn more about our team, culture, and customers, check out our careers page, company blog, and press/awards. Aside from a great work environment and the opportunity to make an impact, we’re also growing the team quickly–join us!
UserTesting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
UserTesting will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable. For jobs located in the United States, we prefer candidates located in or near one of these cities: Atlanta, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Austin, and Boston. We may consider candidates in certain other cities on a case by case basis. #li-remote
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄