Senior Software Engineer, Full-Stack - Eurofleet
Samsara (View all Jobs)
Remote - UK
1. Phone interview 2. Onsite interview (technical challenges based on real problems we've faced at Samsara)
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
We value aligning small teams with customer use cases and giving the independence needed to quickly deliver impactful solutions.
Your team, Eurofleet, is a cross-functional product team that designs, develops and maintains the solutions needed to cater to the needs of our customers. This can vary from helping our European customers remain compliant with the numerous EU regulations that govern their HGV driver’s activities, to helping our global customers reduce the amount of fuel they consume by coaching for better driver behaviour.
We primarily work across web and mobile and collaborate closely with product managers, product designers and firmware engineers to build out our feature sets.
Interested? See what it’s like to work in one of London’s fastest growing engineering teams here: https://medium.com/samsara-engineering/samsara-dev-spotlight-michael-heasell-and-seb-dijols-6340fe6a4aec
In this role, you will:
- Work with product managers, designers, firmware and infra engineers to architect, build, test and deliver full stack features across front-end, back-end and mobile. GoLang, GraphQL, Typescript, React and ReactNative are some of the components of our technology stack. Direct experience with these technologies is not required
- Be responsible for maintaining the production systems that your team owns and provide operational support
- Help build the culture of the team and make it an enjoyable place to work
- Solve problems that enable our product for our European and global customers
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Has 5+ years of experience playing a key role in a skilled software engineering team
- Is interested in working on an early stage venture
- Enjoys understanding our users and what would make their day to day processes easier to manage
- Is interested in owning and building out new features end to end
- Is a great team player and enjoys working collaboratively with engineers having different areas of focus e.g. infra, firmware, vision, etc
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄