Stripe (View all Jobs)
USA (Remote), US-Chicago, US-NYC, US-Seattle, US-SF-HQ
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
The Brand Risk team develops processes, solutions, product controls and detection systems to ensure merchants and platforms integrity, and protect Stripe and our users from compliance and reputational risks. We collaborate with partners across Risk, Engineering, Product and Compliance to design and implement best-in-class risk strategy, and play a critical role in Stripe’s risk management efforts.
What you’ll do
We are looking for an experienced risk management professional to join the group and help drive brand risk mitigation efforts. You will leverage data and work with technical teams to build solutions, set short and long term approaches to areas such as terms of service enforcement, merchants’ classification and product misuse, and enable new products and experiences.
- Work in collaboration to design and drive brand risk strategy
- Build relationships and partner with stakeholders across Risk, Engineering, Ops and Data Science globally
- Build expertise and deep know-how around Stripe’s policies, standards and requirements, as well as risk capabilities and tools
- Leverage data and quantitative analysis to build optimal solutions, balancing risk and user experience
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 8+ years of professional experience in a related field, such as Risk, Compliance, or Trust & Safety, within a fast paced, high growth company
- 8+ years of experience in a role with an emphasis on data analysis and/or a strong technical background. You have worked closely with engineers and data analysts to build systems, collect business requirements, and / or deliver insights
- Intermediate SQL skills and experience in applying these skills in business environments. Including creating and monitoring routines to analyze, measure, and improve data quality, and performing technical deep dives in partnership with engineering teams
- An analytical approach to decision-making. You are analytical, objective and skilled at using metrics to drive decisions, set goals, and evaluate performance
- Experience communicating to all levels of management. Including strong writing skills with experience writing strategy documents, one-page project updates, and whitepapers
- Strong collaboration and relationship building skills, with an ability to influence stakeholders across organizations and borders
- Demonstrated program management skills and a track record for building and scaling programs from the ground up
- Experience working in payments and / or tech industries
- Experience in coding, ML algorithms / predictive modeling
- PMP certification and/or Six Sigma certification
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄