Senior Software Quality Engineer, MVR
Checkr (View all Jobs)
Remote, United States
1. 1 hour CoderPad problem 2. Four 1 hour interviews: API Design using your computer and languages, Refactoring in language of your choice, Object Design (no coding), System Architecture (no coding) and sometimes a 30 minute manager chat
Programming Languages Mentioned
Java, Ruby, Python
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is looking for an experienced Software Quality Engineer to join the Motor Vehicle Reporting Team. This role is integral to the product development cycle. The MVR team is looking for a teammate that is highly collaborative (we have a preference towards pair programming), cares deeply about the mission of our company (improving fairness in the criminal justice system), is eager to work with a diverse team of mid to senior engineers and has a quality-focused mindset (75% women-identifying).
If you are passionate about contributing to testing services and tools that will help us to provide high-quality products and services, we’d love to have you on the team!
- Act as the Quality Subject Matter Expert for the MVR Team, helping to foster a strong culture of testing and continuous improvement.
- Help define testing strategies and work with the team to implement testing for new features and implement new testing frameworks.
- Develop a testing plan for an epic, help define acceptance criteria, manually test stories, add test automation coverage, and help PMs with acceptance as needed.
- Define and implement metrics to communicate the quality of the products
- Expand our existing automated test suites, executed as part of our continuous integration flow.
- Investigate and debug pipeline and production issues, and perform root cause analysis.
- You have solid experience testing web applications in microservice architecture
- You have a solid track record of defining and building automated test suites using a programming or scripting language. You know what a good test framework looks like, and are ready to improve our existing frameworks.
- You are a team player and strong communicator who can work with product and engineering in an agile environment
- You like troubleshooting issues and enjoy finding the root cause of a problem.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (eg. Java, Ruby, JS, Python, Go) and test framework (eg. Selenium, Nightwatch.js, RSpec, Cucumber, and Phantomjs)
- Experience with CI/development pipeline
- Worked at a startup
- Proficiency in Ruby
- Familiarity with Docker
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $111,265-$130,900.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄