Sr Technical Course Developer
Algolia (View all Jobs)
New York, New York
1. Take-home project 2. Onsite discussions and presentation
At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds!
We are passionate about our customers so we’re looking for an all star Instructional Designer / Technical Course Developer who is ready to join our growing team. We need a dedicated advocate who possesses curriculum design skills, can take the lead on solving issues, develop core skills within our existing customers, inspire and sell the future of Algolia, encourage adoption and expansion, and will establish a continual feedback loop to improve the quality of what we create.
You will work closely with all Customer Success teams to ensure customers achieve their business objectives, leverage our established best practices and act as the voice of the customers internally.
We want resilient problem solvers who aren’t afraid to think outside the box and get their hands dirty. We expect you to take ownership and be able to execute without defined processes and implicit direction. We're looking for candidates who raise the level of our teams. You should value and practice transparency, have the humility to accept your weaknesses and continuously strive to improve both personally and professionally. Are you ready for the challenge?
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Evaluate existing technical documentation, learning content and meet with subject matter experts in order to create appropriate learning objective-driven content to engage Algolia users to set up the Algolia products and develop UI experiences on their own.
- Leveraging course objectives and/or descriptions, to develop content using tools, such as: Captivate/Camtasia, Articulate, Storyline; Rise, and others to produce self-paced technical courses; portfolio with sample content is preferred.
- Create course descriptions, demo scripts, video sequences, assessments, online interaction and exercise guides for new and existing Algolia products, courses and/or program components.
- Design and deliver learning products in a variety of formats including self-paced online to classroom instructor-led with command print, graphics, audio, video, and animation/simulation technologies to support curriculum offerings.
- Collaborate with team members throughout Algolia to create accurate, useful training modules for classroom and online courses.
- Develop against a curriculum project plan and provide accurate updates on development status; meet deadlines and reprioritize as needed to complete timely delivery of instructional design projects.
- Provide reviews and recommendations to other members of the Algolia Academy curriculum design team.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- 3+ years of instructional design / content development experience and solid knowledge of adult learning principles.
- Experience delivering training on technical topics. Familiarity with scripting languages and/or operating system automation scripts is a plus.
- Experience with writing courses for developers, UI programmers and direct development experience is preferred.
- Experience with tools/platforms supporting rapid content development or learning objects is a plus.
- Experience documenting or developing content for SaaS (Software as a Service) required.
- Proven project and time management skills in an environment where you may be contributing to several projects simultaneously.
- Able to break down technical concepts for modular learning.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be a self-driven researcher, able to create course project plans, and have the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Competent presentation skills for online or classroom training delivery
- Preference for candidates with experience at our current stage and beyond (over 10,000 customers, $50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Austin, and Bucharest. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 12,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, New York, Austin, Atlanta, and Bucharest. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄