Senior Software Engineer, Fullstack
Extend (View all Jobs)
1. Phone call 2. A take home project similar to making a PR at work 3. Then a meet & greet with the team.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Extend is modernizing the $100 billion-per-year extended warranty and protection plan industry using cutting-edge technology, and top-notch customer service. After a $260M Series C financing round, we are ready to continue to scale our organization and grow beyond our $1.6B valuation.
Our API-first solution allows any merchant to offer extended warranties and protection plans, both online and offline, while also providing a merchant's end customers with a vastly improved and modern support experience that eliminates many of the issues customers face today with legacy underwriters.
We are a venture-backed startup based in downtown San Francisco that is led by founders who have previously had multiple successful exits. Extend is simplifying the technology stack for the extended warranty industry.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate on the design of and implement event-driven systems with AWS Serverless technologies
- Collaborate with members of the engineering, product and design teams to deliver enhancements compatible with the existing platform
- Deliver solutions that abstract the complexity of customers building integrations from various third party application platforms
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Develop robust solutions to deliver key product features as APIs compatible with some of the world’s leading commerce solutions
What We Are Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience in software development.
- Experience building distributed, highly available, scalable cloud based systems.
- Extensive knowledge around API development with HTTP, REST and JSON.
- Understanding of serverless environments.
- Great communicator.
- Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- Excellent skills with data modeling and data management.
Nice to Haves:
- Built event driven systems.
- Worked with AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, API Gateway and other cloud services.
- Designed systems around microservice architecture patterns.
- Loves test-driven development.
- Experience working with common e-commerce platforms (e.g. Shopify, SuiteCommerce, WooCommerce, Magento, etc.)
Life at Extend:
- Working with a great team from diverse backgrounds in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental & vision benefits.
- Stock in an early-stage startup growing quickly.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- 401(k) with Financial Guidance from Morgan Stanley.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄