Managing Senior Researcher II, Veterans Affairs (remote)
Ad Hoc (View all Jobs)
1. Technical take-home assignment 2. Multiple video calls that are discussions of technical background and experience.
This is a remote position.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our teams use modern, agile methods to meet the needs of our users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government. We’re looking for people with an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to improve how the government serves people. If you thrive on change and can see the possibilities in ambiguity, then we want you here with us.
Work on things that matter
Working at Ad Hoc means putting your time and skills towards helping the government better serve the public. Our teams connect Veterans with services designed for their needs, help millions of people access affordable health care, and support important programs like Head Start. As we work with agencies to deliver critical services, we’re also changing how the government thinks about and uses technology.
Built for a remote life
Ad Hoc is remote-first and remote-always. We’ve designed our culture, communications, and tools to support a nationwide team since the beginning. Being remote by design allows Ad Hoc to bring the best people onto our teams and give them the freedom to create a work environment that fits their lives. With a generous PTO policy and Slack channels for every interest (from bird watching to space nerds to home decor), our company culture acknowledges all the things happening in your life. Maybe you need to adjust your schedule to care for your family or take a bike ride. At Ad Hoc, that’s welcomed.
What matters most
Ad Hoc values acceptance, accountability, and humility. We aren’t heroes. We leave our egos at the door to learn from our mistakes and improve the process for the next time. We’re a team that loves the challenge of government-size projects and loves to see our customers succeed. We build small, inclusive teams to bring the best of consumer technology to the problems of government.
The Veterans Affairs business unit helps transform the VA into a modern digital services organization where Veteran outcomes are at the center of every effort. We partner with the Office of the Chief Technology Officer - Digital Experience, the Office of Information Technology, Veterans Health Administration and Veterans Benefits Administration to design and deliver seamless user experiences for Veterans, their Families and Caregivers and VA employees. By applying better practices in service design, product management and technology, we enable VA to increase the usage, throughput, quality and reliability of services and decrease the time Veterans spend waiting for outcomes.
What you’ll do as a Managing Senior Researcher 2
A Managing Senior Researcher 2 is an experienced researcher who supports 1-2 delivery teams. They lead UX efforts, effectively advocating for prioritization of UX research, balancing user and business needs, and positively shaping product strategy for their team. The Managing Senior Researcher 2 plans, conducts, and synthesizes research with minimal supervision, and applies their deep knowledge of research methods, theories and approaches to proactively tackle undefined, complex challenges and consistently bring a big picture, strategic mindset to their work. They are excellent communicators and storytellers who make compelling artifacts and presentations that are framed appropriately for the audience and goals. They plan and facilitate collaboration between cross-functional team members and stakeholders and synthesize inputs into a research direction. They participate in peer mentorship and may provide recurring craft and professional development mentorship for junior team members.
Practice Management: As a people leader within the research practice, you will build, lead, and develop other members from your practice and ensure they adopt and apply the best practices, principles, and values that are important to the health and quality of the research practice and to our customers.
The Managing Senior Researcher 2 is responsible for (Essential Functions):
- Applies a range of research methods and approaches to distill undefined, blurry problems into cohesive research questions and directions for 1-2 delivery teams.
- Works independently and performs multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Leads UX strategy for their team, helping balance user needs, business needs, and technical capabilities.
- Leads research projects, planning, conducting, and synthesizing research.
- Plans and facilitates collaboration between cross-functional team members and stakeholders. Able to synthesize multiple inputs into a cohesive approach and get buy-in.
- Sets and aligns expectations with their team, program, and practice area. Can independently facilitate interactions towards course correction when goals are misaligned.
- Excellent communicator and storyteller. Makes compelling artifacts and presentations that are framed appropriately for the audience and goals.
- Contributes to and/or leads the internal practice, company, and strategic initiatives
- Manage performance, in terms of both craft and associated competencies relevant to career development, for assigned individuals within your practice. This includes supporting program managers in hiring, onboarding, and conducting annual performance reviews.
- Provide coaching and development to research team members, which includes regular 1-on-1s, defining growth goals and development plans with individuals, and creating a culture where team members can learn and evolve.
Some basic requirements
- As a government contractor, you may be required to obtain a public trust security clearance
- Some of our available roles are on federal contracts that require a degree or additional years of experience as a substitute
- Some federal contracts require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment
- Years of Experience: Expertise with usability engineering strategy and at
- least five (5) years of relevant UX software experience including relevant certifications.
- Degree Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree In Business Administration, Business Management, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Resource Management, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research or related fields.
- Acceptable Substitution for Degree: Minimum 5 years of experience OR certifications in relevant UX software plus a minimum 5 years of relevant experience or a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience may be substituted for education
Ad Hoc is a great place to be. Our benefits package includes:
- Company-subsidized health, dental, life and vision insurance
- Use what you need vacation policy
- 401K with employer match
- Paid parental leave after one year
- $2,000 continuing education/annual conference attendance stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
In support of the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, and others like it across the country, Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility. The range of starting pay for this role is $96,777 - $130,591 and information on benefits offered is here. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄