R&D - Full Stack Software Engineer
Checkr (View all Jobs)
Remote, United States
1. 1 hour CoderPad problem 2. Four 1 hour interviews: API Design using your computer and languages, Refactoring in language of your choice, Object Design (no coding), System Architecture (no coding) and sometimes a 30 minute manager chat
Programming Languages Mentioned
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer at Checkr, you will work on high impact engineering projects that help build a fairer future for all. When you join our team you’ll be a core part of our mission to help second chance citizens re-enter the job marketplace.
- Own the product development of features from design, implementation, to release
- Partner with product, design and other stakeholders in designing new features
- Collaborate with other engineers in architecting and implementing new features
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve our products
- Deliver performant, reliable, scalable, and secure code
- Monitor, investigate, triage, and resolve production issues as they arise for services owned by the team
What you bring:
- 2+ years of full-stack software development experience
- Proficiency in React and knowledge of front end best practices
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals such as relational databases, data structure and algorithms, Object Relational Mapping, REST APIs, microservices, etc.
- A strong sense of ownership
- Ability to collaborate with teammates and other stakeholders
- An eagerness to learn, collaborate, improve, and innovate
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $109,098-$128,350.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄