Solutions Architect (AUS)
LaunchDarkly (View all Jobs)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
1. Informational phone screen with Eng leadership 2. Take home project 3. On-site interviews
Programming Languages Mentioned
About the Job:
Solutions Architects at LaunchDarkly are an elite team in our Professional Services organization who help companies achieve progressive delivery. You will be a key contributor to the Revenue team, applying technical product expertise to build relevant solutions for LaunchDarkly customers. You will be the go-to technical resource for the account team and customers, working in a mix of paid Professional Services engagements and being a trusted advisor to organizations on an ongoing basis.
By joining LaunchDarkly, you will work with software development teams at some of the most advanced companies across industries, including Technology, Finance & Insurance, Pharmaceuticals & Life Science, Entertainment, and more.
LaunchDarkly is a rapidly growing software company with a strong mission and vision carried out by a talented and diverse team of employees. Our goal is to help teams build better software, faster. You'll join a small, but growing, team from companies like Atlassian, Intercom, and GitHub, and you'll have an immediate impact on our product and customers.
- Couple technical knowledge with a consultative mindset to understand customer needs, gather requirements, and influence decisions.
- Deliver Professional Services engagements aimed at helping the companies we work with improve how they deliver software.
- Advise our customers on software development best practices and how to leverage LaunchDarkly to ship software more frequently and with reduced risk.
- Create a foundation for a strong technical partnership between LaunchDarkly and customers.
- Solve technical hurdles that are impeding value realization.
- Become a subject matter expert on LaunchDarkly.
- Advocate for our customers by translating, aggregating, and representing customer feedback to the Product and Engineering teams.
- You have a hands-on technical background with a consultative approach.
- You learn and synthesize large amounts of information and are adept at acquiring the context you need to make prescriptive recommendations to our customers.
- You have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, but the discipline and focus to know where you attention is most needed.
- You are a self‐starter and excited to take on hard problems.
- You are passionate about helping customers and have a strong sense of ownership.
- You can effectively communicate with experts from different backgrounds, and build strong stakeholder relationships.
- You have a technical background and are interested in a customer-facing role.
- You are a deeply curious individual, who is not comfortable with just getting enough context to give an answer. You feel the need to understand how things work underneath.
- You are familiar with the software development lifecycle.
- You have worked with teams that underwent development process transformation.
- You are comfortable with at least one of our supported languages: Java, .NET, Go, JS, Python, PHP, NodeJS, Ruby, Rails, iOS, or Android.
- You are familiar with DevOps, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery.
- You have worked with the services of one of the major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- You have worked with Linux, Docker, and Virtual Machines.
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves hundreds of billions of feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka "dark launching"). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Don't let the confidence gap get in the way of applying! We'd love to hear from you.
LaunchDarkly is also committed to giving back to our community and is a part of Pledge 1%, an organization that helps companies make this a priority. Through this initiative and its charitable arm, the LaunchDarkly Foundation, the company is committed to such causes as supporting education for the underserved, homelessness relief and moving towards having a net-zero carbon footprint. You can find more about the LaunchDarkly Foundation and the organizations we serve at https://launchdarkly.com/foundation/.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄