iOS Software Engineer
Fetch Rewards (View all Jobs)
1. Short take-home project 2. 50 min screening interview that includes discussion of project 3. 5 hr (w/ breaks) final interview that involves speaking with your future manager and a non-technical product manager, a real-world coding problem, and high-level and low-level system design problems.
Programming Languages Mentioned
What we’re building and why we’re building it.
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over the last 5 years, we’ve grown from 0 to 17M active users and taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years we will become a global platform that completely transforms how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it. And not just the “you get to use our product!” cop-out. We’re talkin’ real, explicit value. Fetch points, perhaps.
Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters most to them: their customers. -- Brands need to understand what people are doing, and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice right?
That’s why we’re building the world’s rewards platform. A closed-loop, standardized rewards layer across all consumer behavior that will lead to happier shoppers and stronger brands.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer. This position can be based in Birmingham, Chicago, or Madison.
We are looking for an iOS Software Engineer. You will build and maintain a world class mobile application that works directly with our backend services and external partners. Success in this role requires the ability to take on challenging problems and design & develop amazing solutions with a user-centric focus. You’ll be working on a small, multi-functional team that may include other engineers, a designer, product manager, data scientist and other roles. We’ll rely on your experience in general engineering architecture discussions as well as product planning meetings. You’ll have the opportunity to help establish new paradigms and patterns as we scale and help maintain this high level of code craftsmanship through thoughtful code review. (iOS Native)
In your tool-bag:
- A deep understanding of object-oriented programming
- Ability to architect and build new features from a specific design or bare-bones idea for a rapidly growing user base, following iOS human interface guidelines
- Ability to extend and maintain an existing codebase as well as optimizing app performance whether it is related to networking, UI, or data management
- Effective communication, including the ability to translate and explain technical issues to non-technical team members
You have experience with:
- Swift and Objective C
- Networking, specifically using REST APIs from mobile
- Implementing UI programmatically
- Working with and integrating third party SDKs (Firebase, Iterable, Zendesk)
- Managing apps, certificates, testers, provisions via Apple’s developer portal and App Store Connect
- Version control systems (Git)
- Experience moving code from Objective C to Swift
- Experience with SwiftUI
- Automated testing on mobile
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics
- Love of Dogs! . . . Or just tolerance. We’re a very canine-friendly workplace.
At Fetch Rewards, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- Stock Options
- 401K Match - Up to 3%
- PPO and HDHP plans | Dental | Vision | Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Education Reimbursement
- Unlimited PTO
- 10 Paid Holidays + End of Year Break
- Flexible 12 weeks of Parental Leave
- Full time wellness coach to help meet your exercise & wellness needs
- WFH Setup. Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done
- Regularly scheduled virtual events, happy hours, cooking classes, etc.
- Hybrid environment / On-site in the office 1-2 days per week
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄