iOS, Mobile Engineer, Apprenticeship
Fetch Rewards (View all Jobs)
1. Short take-home project 2. 50 min screening interview that includes discussion of project 3. 5 hr (w/ breaks) final interview that involves speaking with your future manager and a non-technical product manager, a real-world coding problem, and high-level and low-level system design problems.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Candidates must be located in the US to work for Fetch Rewards. Candidates must be able to work full time hours immediately upon hire. This is not a summer apprenticeship. We are excited about candidates that have completed degrees and/or completed bootcamp certification.
What we’re building and why we’re building it.
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over the last 5 years, we’ve grown from 0 to 14M active users and taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years we will become a global platform that completely transforms how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it. And not just the “you get to use our product!” cop-out. We’re talkin’ real, explicit value. Fetch points, perhaps.
Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters most to them: their customers. -- Brands need to understand what people are doing, and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice right?
That’s why we’re building the world’s rewards platform. A closed-loop, standardized rewards layer across all consumer behavior that will lead to happier shoppers and stronger brands.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer. This position can be based in Birmingham, Chicago, or Madison.
About The Role:
Fetch’s next step in evolving the shopping experience will require growing the engineering team. We’re hiring iOS Engineer Apprentices to contribute immediately and hopefully transition to full-time positions upon completion of the 3 month internship. We seek graduates that can begin working here immediately!
You will build highly performant mobile applications to integrate seamlessly with our backend services. You’ll be working on a small, multi-functional team that may include other engineers, a designer, product manager, data scientist and other roles. Success in this role requires the ability to take on challenging problems and design & develop an amazing solution with the mentorship of an experienced team member.
In your tool-bag:
- An understanding of functional or object-oriented programming
- Ability to learn quickly
- A desire to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Effective communication, including the ability to translate and explain technical issues to non-technical team members
- You are self-driven and able to prioritize your time effectively
You have experience with:
- Object oriented or functional programming languages (Swift, Objective C)
- Mobile Development (iOS)
- Modern App Architecture (MVVM)
- Version control system (Git)
Bonus points for:
- iOS experience
- Implementing UI programmatically
- Personal app release
- Test writing and quality assurance
- Comfortable working remotely
- Love of Dogs! . . . Or just tolerance. We're a very canine-friendly workplace.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄