Fetch Rewards (View all Jobs)
1. Short take-home project 2. 50 min screening interview that includes discussion of project 3. 5 hr (w/ breaks) final interview that involves speaking with your future manager and a non-technical product manager, a real-world coding problem, and high-level and low-level system design problems.
Programming Languages Mentioned
We are currently not accepting applicants outside of the Greater Madison, WI and Birmingham, AL areas.
What we’re building and why we’re building it.
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over the last 5 years, we’ve grown from 0 to 15M active users and taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years we will become a global platform that completely transforms how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it. And not just the “you get to use our product!” cop-out. We’re talkin’ real, explicit value. Fetch points, perhaps.
Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters most to them: their customers. -- Brands need to understand what people are doing, and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice right?
That’s why we’re building the world’s rewards platform. A closed-loop, standardized rewards layer across all consumer behavior that will lead to happier shoppers and stronger brands.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Fetch’s next step in evolving the shopping experience will require a Backend Engineer. You will build highly performant backend services to integrate seamlessly with our data stores, message queues, mobile and web platforms, and other systems. You’ll be working on a small, multi-functional team that may include other engineers, a designer, product manager, data scientist and other roles. Success in this role requires the ability to take on challenging problems and design & develop an amazing solution with little to no assistance.
In your tool-bag:
- A deep understanding of functional and object-oriented programming
- Ability to plan and implement complex data models
- Ability to optimize poorly performing code, data queries, and network requests
- Understanding of the complexity and failure domains of micro-services and distributed architectures
- Ability to troubleshoot large scale production systems and explain both short and long-term solutions with trade-offs
- Effective communication, including the ability to translate and explain technical issues to non-technical team members
You have experience with:
- High-level languages (Go)
- Relational and eventually consistent databases (MongoDB, Postgres, MySQL)
- In-memory data stores and caches (Redis, Memcache)
- Version control system (Git)
- Test writing and quality assurance
- Service-oriented architecture
- Messages queue and event streaming (Kafka, Kinesis, Redis Streams)
- Continuous development
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics
- Love of Dogs! . . . Or just tolerance. We're a very canine-friendly workplace.
At Fetch Rewards, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- Stock Options
- 401K Match - Up to 3%
- PPO and HDHP plans | Dental | Vision | Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Education Reimbursement
- Unlimited PTO
- 10 Paid Holidays + End of Year Break
- Flexible 12 weeks of Parental Leave
- Full time wellness coach to help meet your exercise & wellness needs
- WFH Setup. Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done
- Regularly scheduled virtual events, happy hours, cooking classes, etc.
- Hybrid Environment / On-site (in the office) 1 - 2 days per week
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄