Senior Software Engineer, Android
Jane Technologies (View all Jobs)
1. Short take-home challenge 2. Practical interviews based on position the applicant is seeking
Programming Languages Mentioned
Jane Technologies is looking for a Senior Android Engineer. You will be responsible for creating beautiful, impactful world-class software that enables Cannabis retailers. You will architect and grow new and existing codebases, give technical input and feedback to Jane Technologies’ product and design teams for new features, and help develop the skills of your teammates with industry best practices around testing, accessibility, and documentation.
Culture is the single most important component of Jane’s success to date. A successful candidate will thrive in our environment of mutual support, relentless pursuit of excellence, creativity, and complete lack of ego.
Jane Technologies, Inc. is an MIT-founded eCommerce company in the cannabis industry, and we are growing extremely quickly. We believe in the cannabis industry's ability to bring well-being, health, and love into this world, and it is our mission to bring confidence to the cannabis shopping experience. To learn more about who we are, our culture, and whether this is the right place for you, read our Key Values profile: https://www.keyvalues.com/jane. Check out our product at: https://www.iheartjane.com/.
- Architect, build, and maintain Android applications with clean code
- Build efficient and reusable libraries, components, and systems
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Identify and communicate best practices for engineering and mobile app development
- 5+ year of experience as a Software Engineer in a professional environment
- Deep understanding of Android and its core principles
- Experience with SQL, Ruby on Rails a plus
- Proficiency with build tools and Android device deployment and management
- Experience in optimizing mobile app performance for users
Jane Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄