Senior Commercetools Integration Engineer
Algolia (View all Jobs)
1. Take-home project 2. Onsite discussions and presentation
Programming Languages Mentioned
At Algolia, we are passionate about our customers so we’re looking for an all star commercetools Integration Engineer who is ready to join our growing team. We need a technical leader who can take the lead on solving issues and drive maximum value/ success of the Algolia/commercetools integration. You will work closely with our Customer Success Managers, Partner Engineers, Customers Solutions, and Support Engineers to ensure customers succeed with the commercetools integration and services provided by the integration team.
We want resilient problem solvers who aren’t afraid to think outside the box and get their hands dirty. We expect you to take ownership and be able to execute without defined processes and implicit direction. We're looking for candidates who raise the level of our teams. You should value and practice transparency, have the humility to accept your weaknesses and continuously strive to improve both personally and professionally. Are you ready for the challenge?
ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Working with Product Owners to help build out the product backlog
- Working with Integration team to properly estimate stories
- Building efficient, testable, and reusable code with best practices in mind
- Solving complex performance problems
- Communicating and collaborating with developers on the team
- Follow & contribute to our development operations standards and expectations
- Providing technical assistance and expertise to our partners/customers on integrations with Algolia
- Provide meaningful feedback to our internal team based on the needs of the client
- Contribute to processes, documentation, and tooling to ensure the team can scale efficiently
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Minimum of 3+ years real-world e-commerce experience with commercetools development
- Thorough understanding of commercetools code structure, extension architecture, theming hierarchy, and fallback components
- Firm grasp of Git-based source control
- Able to develop using test driven development and keep documentation up to date
- Solutions-oriented thinking; always looking for the smart solution to a problem rather than jumping at the first answer
- A habit of staying on top of industry trends and technologies
- An aptitude and drive for learning
- Competent in web services integrations (REST/SOAP)
- Exposure to DevOps/Cloud Infrastructure
- A desire to be personally responsible for production-level code
- Comfort working with Linux-based systems
- Experience with caching and scaling techniques
- Preference for candidates with experience at our current stage and beyond (over 10,000 customers, $50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with AWS Cloud
- Prior experience working for a digital agency or systems integrator
- Background in the search industry
- Thorough knowledge of "out of the box" commercetools feature set and configuration
- Contributions to the open-source community
- Familiarity with automated deployment strategies
- Experience with CSS preprocessors like SASS/LESS
- Computer Science Degree
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Austin, and Bucharest. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 12,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, New York, Austin, Atlanta, and Bucharest. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄