Sr Manager, Product Documentation (1455)
CloudBees (View all Jobs)
Remote USA East Coast or Midwest
1. Multiple interviews, discussion of technical background and experiences.
CloudBees provides the leading software delivery platform for enterprises, enabling them to continuously innovate, compete, and win in a world powered by the digital experience. Designed for the world's largest organizations with the most complex requirements, CloudBees enables software development organizations to deliver scalable, compliant, governed, and secure software from the code a developer writes to the people who use it. The platform connects with other best-of-breed tools, improves the developer experience, and enables organizations to bring digital innovation to life continuously, adapt quickly, and unlock business outcomes that create market leaders and disruptors.
CloudBees was founded in 2010 and is backed by Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Bridgepoint Credit, HSBC, Golub Capital, Delta-v Capital, Matrix Partners, and Lightspeed Venture Partners. Visit www.cloudbees.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a team of managers as well as individual contributors
- Help team continuously develop both technical skills related to their assignments and career-building skills
- Train and onboard new hires
- Establish strong partnerships and interactions with peer senior managers in the CloudBees Product Development organization
- Collaborate with senior product managers and product owners to identify documentation initiatives on a quarterly basis
- Using Jira as the primary tracking tool, help the team track the delivery of content projects to ensure they are on-time and follow CloudBees best practices and CloudBees BeeWrite standards
- Collaborate with the Education and Enablement leadership on Agile team assignments for your direct reports
- Provide performance evaluations and set quarterly goals
What the Job Requires
- 4+ of experience leading a technical writing team or technical writing projects related to enterprise-level software
- Experience working with Agile Software development teams as an embedded team member or documentation leader
- Ability to understand and explain highly technical enterprise-level concepts
- 7+ years of technical writing experience
- Proficiency with source code management, preferably Git
- Proficiency with bug tracking systems, preferably Jira
- Proficiency with markup syntax such as AsciiDoc, Markdown, or reStructuredText
- High proficiency in working with subject matter experts to clarify and organize complex technical content
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Excellent problem solving, organization, and communication skills
- Experience with continuous integration/delivery/deployment technologies and processes is a plus
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄