Software Engineer, Full-Stack - Platform Alerts and Workflows
Samsara (View all Jobs)
Remote - US
1. Phone interview 2. Onsite interview (technical challenges based on real problems we've faced at Samsara)
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Samsara is seeking a Software Engineer to join the Platform Alerts & Workflows team.
Samsara offers a wide array of products that support the physical operations of companies across many different industries. These products collect and generate data on over 2 billion events annually, some of which require the immediate attention of our customers to ensure the safety of their staff, efficiency of their operations and security of their assets. The Platform Alerts & Workflows team is responsible for developing Samsara’s foundational real-time alerting and workflow systems that are used to trigger alerts, send notifications and start automated procedures for our customers when they need them the most.
As a software engineer on the Platform Alerts & Workflows team, you will assist in the implementation of complex features and clear, simple interfaces which empower our product engineering partners to register events in our platform and develop alerts for our end customers. You will contribute to the development of an end-user experience that allows customers to define criteria on what events are considered alertable and how they choose to be notified when that criteria has been met. You will also assist in the implementation of features that allow customers to define automated workflows to be executed in response to alerts and events in their system.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with a team of engineers to design, implement, test, deliver and maintain highly scalable services used to configure, customize and deliver alerts
- Work closely with our product partners to understand the needs of our end-customers and how to ensure a delightful customer experience
- Contribute to our wonderful culture and maintain an inclusive, collaborative and supportive work environment where all Samsara employees can grow and thrive
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience with applicable internships
- Demonstrable programming/coding and design fundamentals
- A desire to assist in the development of exciting customer-facing applications and/or services
An ideal candidate also has:
- An eagerness to build good working relationships and collaborate with your team of engineers
- A desire to solve complex problems in an ambiguous space along with the ability to iterate upon and improve existing systems
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄