Manager, Developer Relations and Docs
Algolia (View all Jobs)
1. Take-home project 2. Onsite discussions and presentation
The Developer Experience team is 100% focused on enabling developers in the Algolia ecosystem to succeed. We focus on enabling developers to effortlessly get started with us through world-class documentation and code samples. We build tools to make developers’ lives easier and are building new platform components to make the developer experience more seamless and to provide developers ways to share their solutions with each other and with end-users.
We are looking for someone to lead a team that spans developer relations and technical content. As the “Manager, Developer Relations and Docs”, you will lead a team of developer advocates and technical writers. You will define and own the content & engagements strategy so that we ensure we have world-class content and standards (API reference, getting started, demos and sample code) and that we inspire and engage developers who use Algolia in the apps and experiences they build.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Driving world-class developer relations: Ensure developers have an amazing experience with Algolia. Grow and develop a team of developer advocates.
- Content Strategy & Execution: Drive the strategy and execution of all developer-facing content. Your team of writers and developer advocates will play a major role in content delivery and you will partner with other teams to drive alignment.
- Content Standards: Define standards for all our developer content to ensure customers have a consistent experience and to guide internal teams down the right path.
- Managing team operations: Manage budget, OKRs, planning. Measuring and reporting on progress.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Passion for enabling developer creativity and success.
- Demonstrated experience managing or leading teams.
- Technical expertise and the ability to teach others through multiple types of media (presentations, reference materials, sample code, etc.).
- Excellent oral and written communication in English.
- Experience with geographically-distributed reporting lines (e.g. US West Coast, Europe) and working with people across multiple time zones.
- Self sufficient without the need for daily direction from your manager.
- Preference for candidates with experience at our current stage and beyond (over 10,000 customers, $50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
TYPICAL DAY AS A MANAGER AT ALGOLIA:
- As a manager, you are able to adapt to every situation with the objective of having your team always productive. There is no typical day when being a manager, it’s up to you and your creativity to make the most out of your time and other’s time in an inconsistent environment.
- A typical day could consist of meeting with different stakeholders, being the communication bridge between them and your team members, saving them precious creative time.
- You will regularly meet with your reports, ensuring they always have a safe space to share concerns and highlights with you. Everyone has different ways of communicating and needs to be mentored, you will adapt your agenda and personalize the meetings for each one of them individually.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Austin, and Bucharest. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 12,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, New York, Austin, Atlanta, and Bucharest. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄