Senior Software Engineer - Mobile (React Native)
The Nerdery (View all Jobs)
Chicago, Illinois, United States, Edina, Minnesota, United States, Phoenix, Arizona, United States, Remote
1. Take-home exercise
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who We Are
At Nerdery, we pride ourselves on being a premier digital business consultancy. However, we are much more than consultants. We’re allies on our client’s digital journey. As true partners, we prepare our clients for the opportunities in front of them, as well as in the future. We bridge strategy and execution, at all operational levels. We create solutions that accelerate our client’s progress by thoughtfully crafted and methodically executed.
Our Software Engineering team at Nerdery believes in quality craftsmanship, meaningful collaboration, and outstanding customer service. We get a lot of energy from partnering with our clients to develop custom solutions that solve their business problems. Our impact can be felt in both startups and enterprise corporations, with our work serving millions of users every day.
Who You Are
You enjoy fast-paced and well structured challenges that push your boundaries. You are naturally a curious person who loves to explore both professional and personally. Additionally, you do well around others who are also curious. You love to funnel that curiosity into growth, ultimately leading to impact the lives of those who use the solutions you create.
If this sounds like you, Nerdery is your home, a place where you will be an integral part of the team, regardless of title or seniority.
What You’ll Do
The Software Engineer is a technologist who is passionate about writing, reading, and improving software in a specified set of technologies in order to solve client problems. They independently produce high-quality code when given functional requirements.
The mobile domain is looking to add a developer who can be a champion for cross platform mobile development. Currently we only focus on React Native but plan to develop skills for other cross platform solutions including Flutter. This individual would help the domain create React Native best practices and cross-train native mobile and web developers as necessary to staff future React Native and cross platform projects. The position provides opportunities to expand your horizons to reach your personal development goals. Most of our engineers contribute to a multitude of projects each year. You’ll never feel like you’re stuck working on a single project for the rest of your career.
- Writing code within a particular technology (React Native) for a client.
- Able to make intelligent decisions about how to accomplish user stories or tasks with minimal guidance.
- Communicating with Nerdery employees and Nerdery clients about task status, availability, and questions about technology.
- 1+ years React Native with 3+ years of development experience OR 3+ years of a combination of React and Native mobile (iOS or Android) with interest in learning React Native.
- iOS and Android domain knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience (4+ years)
- Proficient with Git and specified technologies.
- Experience with Agile
- Project estimation Skills
- The ability to support analytics and Accessibility (WCAG)
- Release mobile applications to public app stores
- Working within a cross functional software development team
- Not Required
Location Options: Chicago, Minneapolis, Phoenix or US Remote Based
Must be legally authorized to work within the country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄