Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
UserTesting (View all Jobs)
1. Initial interview 2. Pair programming 3. Offer
Programming Languages Mentioned
UserTesting® was founded in 2007, crossed $100M in revenue in 2020, and began trading under USER on the NYSE in 2021. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, with regional offices in Atlanta, Edinburgh, and Singapore. A trusted company by top brands for 14+ years, UserTesting has over 2,500 customers in 45 countries including more than half of the world’s top 100 most valuable brands according to Forbes.
A leader in video-based human insight, we believe the path to human understanding starts with shared insight—seeing and hearing how another person engages with the world around them and taking in their perspective. We’re for capturing the kind of human responses that don’t show up in a spreadsheet. This is what inspires us, and it’s how we enable companies to connect with their audiences, authentically, through an experience that’s uniquely, and intentionally, human.
We’re proud to have been named to the Inc. Best-Led Companies of 2021 and the Fortune Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 lists, along with having received a variety of additional workplace and corporate growth awards. Choosing to join our team means being part of a passionate group focused on transforming the way companies understand their customers and build better products and experiences. Come join us and help us build the engine for human understanding!
Are you a collaborative full-stack Software Engineer with good knowledge of Ruby on Rails? Would you like to work for the market leader in human insights technology?
You will be involved in challenging projects and initiatives that directly contribute to the growth and success of UserTesting, whilst employing industry best practices such as pair programming, refactoring, code review and continuous deployment.
- Work closely with technical and subject matter experts to deliver class leading products.
- Advocate and lead-by-example best practices in pair programming, refactoring and code review.
- Ensure maintainability, performance, and scalability of the code.
- Work effectively within a team environment, to regularly solicit and act on feedback, focus on root causes, and continually strive to improve.
- Collaborate naturally with peers and functions outside of engineering, and with peers who are both remote and co-located in the UK and North America.
- Development in Ruby on Rails
- Engineering practices such as refactoring, TDD, CI/CD, pair programming, and code reviews.
- Experience with agile development processes such as Lean/Scrum/Kanban/XP
Bonus points for:
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with client-side performance optimization, security, and accessibility
- Experience with SaaS product development
- Experience with rapid-prototyping and validating assumptions
As well as a five star rated ‘best place to work’ work environment and the opportunity to change the world, we offer competitive salary, benefits, plenty of perks, as well as stock options. Ours is a diverse international team which values authenticity, trust and respect.
To learn more about our team, culture, and customers, check out our careers page, company blog, and press/awards. Aside from a great work environment and the opportunity to make an impact, we’re also growing the team quickly–join us!
UserTesting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
UserTesting will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable. For jobs located in the United States, we prefer candidates located in or near one of these cities: Atlanta, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Austin, and Boston. We may consider candidates in certain other cities on a case by case basis. #li-remote
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄