Senior Software Engineer - Application (.NET)
The Nerdery (View all Jobs)
Chicago, Illinois, United States, Edina, Minnesota, United States, Phoenix, Arizona, United States, Remote
1. Take-home exercise
Programming Languages Mentioned
Being a “Nerd” at Nerdery
Nerdery is a digital product consultancy. Much more than consultants, we’re allies and guides on our clients’ digital journey – helping them to grow their business and delight their customers through intuitive, thoughtfully designed technology.
At Nerdery, we’re not defined by our job titles but by the impact we make. You’ll work directly and closely with some of the world’s best brands to help create innovative digital products that serve everyone. As Nerds, our insight, innovation, and expertise are celebrated, and our growth is not only encouraged but expected. Being a Nerd means stepping up and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re curious, fearless (well, not totally fearless – there are heights and spiders, after all), and always our authentic selves.
Current Nerdy Opportunity
The Software Engineer position at Nerdery, is a seasoned technologist who is passionate about writing, reading, and improving software in a specified set of technologies in order to solve client problems. They deliver on larger non-functional user stories or business requirements, design a correct solution, and deconstruct it into user stories and tasks for other Engineers to execute on.
As an Application or backend Software Engineer at Nerdery, you will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients, using technologies such as .NET C#, ASP.NET, and both SQL and non-relational databases to build back end applications and APIs. You will also have the opportunity to take on stretch assignments to help you reach your professional development goals.
- Work with Front-End developers to support integration efforts
- Designing and implementing RESTful APIs
- Write readable, maintainable code within a particular technology for a client with minimal technical oversight,
- Lead a small or medium project (i.e. guiding 0-5 other engineers); or assume responsibility for the direction of a major component in a larger engagement, including collaborating directly with client stakeholders as necessary,
- Communicate with Nerdery employees and Nerdery clients about task status, availability, and questions about technology
- Provide and receive feedback about how to become a better Software Engineer,
- May support the growth of other Engineers through mentorship
- May support the growth of their technology through initiative participation.
What Skills Will Help You Succeed?
- Strong understanding of .NET C#, ASP.NET experience required
- Experience with automated unit testing (e.g. xUnit , NUnit)
- Experience with at least one relational database (e.g. SQL Server, Postgres)
- Experience working in a distributed, agile environment planning and executing on a projects using Agile methodologies
- Confident with use of Git for version control
- 5+ years of professional experience within the software industry
- 3+ years of professional experience with .NET C# or ASP.NET
- Up to date on .NET framework libraries and tools (.NET 6)
- Experience with a major cloud vendor (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience working with NoSQL databases,(e.g. Cosmos DB, MongoDB, DynamoDB)
- Experience with authentication/authorization flows (e.g. OAuth/OpenID Connect, SAML)
- Experience developing continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deployment pipelines
- Experience with a modern client-side web framework (e.g. Blazor, React, Angular, Vue)
Where Can You Be a Nerd? Chicago, Minneapolis, Phoenix or US Remote Based (Must be legally authorized to work within the country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.)
Are We the Right Fit For You?
The best way to get the scoop on whether Nerdery is the right place for you is to chat with current Nerds. We would be delighted to have a conversation with you and share insight into what it’s really like to work at our organization and if it’s a place where you can thrive. Our interview process will provide you ample opportunity to talk with other team members and assess whether the role is a good fit for your next chapter. Take the first step and apply today – our Talent Advocates will then reach out to you to get the ball rolling!
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄