Staff Systems Engineer, Identity and Access Management (Remote)
Brex (View all Jobs)
1. Practical questions - 1 hour technical 2. Then 4-5 hour onsite. System design, Coding, values, debugging
Programming Languages Mentioned
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Engineering at Brex
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, GRC, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that.
Teams are autonomous, value inclusivity, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
What you’ll do
- Develop the roadmap for corporate IAM at Brex that enables us to scale efficiently and securely as a global, remote first company.
- Support the Security roadmap for remote access / device access leveraging ZeroTrust technologies.
- Act as the primary SME for Okta, developing tools and processes to simplify and scale identity and access for corporate systems.
- Mentor peers across IT and Security on the identity space, providing cross team training and supporting career development for more junior engineers.
- Strong technical background implementing “modern authentication” technologies at scale.
- Deep experience deploying AuthN and AuthZ solutions leveraging Okta’s product suite, including OIE, IGA and Workflows.
- Experience working in environments with a SaaS first / cloud first identity and access management focus.
- Experience with ZeroTrust based access, and supporting device identity as a first class citizen in a technology ecosystem.
- Experience deploying and maintaining certificates as part of a user and device AuthN/AuthZ strategy.
- Strong scripting skills in python, ruby or similar and experience leveraging RESTful APIs to build tools or integrations.
- Experience leveraging terraform or similar IaC/CaC technologies to manage SaaS infrastructure.
- Experience developing/implementing custom integrations / solutions to enable seamless integration of identity into internal application development workflows.
- Okta Certifications such as, Okta Certified Professional, Okta Certified Administrator, or Okta Certified Consultant
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄