React Native Technical Lead
The Nerdery (View all Jobs)
Edina, Minnesota, United States, Phoenix, Arizona, United States, Chicago, Illinois, United States, Remote
1. Take-home exercise
Programming Languages Mentioned
Being a “Nerd” at Nerdery
Nerdery is a digital product consultancy. Much more than consultants, we’re allies and guides on our clients’ digital journey – helping them to grow their business and delight their customers through intuitive, thoughtfully designed technology.
At Nerdery, we’re not defined by our job titles but by the impact we make. You’ll work directly and closely with some of the world’s best brands to help create innovative digital products that serve everyone. As Nerds, our insight, innovation, and expertise are celebrated, and our growth is not only encouraged but expected. Being a Nerd means stepping up and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re curious, fearless (well, not totally fearless – there are heights and spiders, after all), and always our authentic selves.
Current Nerdy Opportunity
Our mobile team is looking to add a Senior Software Engineer as a technical lead who can champion cross platform mobile development at Nerdery. Currently we are focusing on candidates who have React Native skills but we’re hoping they also have an appetite for different cross platform solutions that may include tools like Flutter, Ionic, Xamarin.
We have limited React Native experience to build on, so this developer will have the opportunity to drive and build-out the cross-platform discipline a Nerdery, creating best practices for cross platform development at Nerdery, and having a significant impact on our future in this space.
The project that this engineer will be initially working on requires experience both leading and building a project team, while also providing specific guidance on the selection of both application development technologies as well as production environment requirements.
What Skills Will Help You Succeed?
- 2+ years experience with React Native developing applications for release on both the iOS and Android platform
- 5+ years of development experience in a professional setting in mobile and / or cross platform development.
- Solid mobile / cross platform architectural ability - experience building complex applications from the ground or taking ownership of a larger existing application and extending it.
- Experience integrating a mobile application into an existing dev ops environment (e.g. CI/CD)
- Solid understanding of the current React Native libraries / frameworks / plug-ins that are considered best practices
- Comfortability and experience leading teams of 3-6 engineers day-to-day, coaching then in both applied and abstract technical concepts
- Confidence in acting as a representative of the mobile / cross platform team to other team leaders.
- Experience identifying pain-points in processes and owning refinement of processes to completion.
- Experience solving common technical problems outside of the scope of a single project or program
- Comfortability interacting with the client, including light management of the client, conducting technical demos, and close-knit collaboration with technical stakeholders from the client.
- Ability to communicate risk, complexity, and timeline impacts of newly added product features or scope
Where Can You Be a Nerd? Chicago, Minneapolis, Phoenix or US Remote Based (Must be legally authorized to work within the country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.)
Are We the Right Fit For You?
The best way to get the scoop on whether Nerdery is the right place for you is to chat with current Nerds. We would be delighted to have a conversation with you and share insight into what it’s really like to work at our organization and if it’s a place where you can thrive. Our interview process will provide you ample opportunity to talk with other team members and assess whether the role is a good fit for your next chapter. Take the first step and apply today – our Talent Advocates will then reach out to you to get the ball rolling!
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄