Product Lead, Connect
Stripe (View all Jobs)
San Francisco, Seattle, New York, Remote in North America
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
While accepting payments on the internet has gotten easier over the past several years due in large part to the advent of modern payments APIs, the internet infrastructure for routing these same payments (to suppliers, sellers, partners, service providers, recipients) is stuck in the stone-age.
Connect is Stripe’s leading product for marketplaces, on-demand services, ecommerce site builders, invoicing platforms, professional SaaS products, fundraising platforms, rental management platforms, and more. By utilizing the power of Connect, users in each of these categories can link multiple parties for the exchange of goods or services. These users rely on Connect for the crucial function of reliably routing payments between these parties.
By powering fast, flexible, compliant, and cost-efficient routing of payments on the internet, Connect not only spurs the creation of innovative business models but it also enables organizations (whether they are businesses, nonprofits, or governmental agencies) to channel previously-offline payments to the internet.
What you’ll do
As a Product Lead on the Connect team at Stripe, you will be devising strategy, developing product requirements, and overseeing execution for some of the highest impact initiatives that serve modern marketplaces and software platforms.
At Stripe, Product Managers help build innovative payments products for our customers. Product development is an extremely collaborative effort between engineering, design, analytics and customer-facing teams. You’d be joining a team of experienced Product Managers who have a track record of successfully building large-scale business and consumer products that are collectively impacting millions of users around the world.
On a day to day basis you would spend your time split between external meetings with customers and internal discussions with your engineering, marketing, analytics, and sales counterparts; as well as with your direct reports, coaching, mentoring, and hiring. This role will provide the opportunity to develop the strategy for one of Stripe’s core products and get feedback on your plans directly from Stripe’s leadership team.
- Define and drive the product roadmap for our core Connect product
- Devise strategy, steer product requirements, and oversee execution for some of the highest impact initiatives that serve modern marketplaces & software platforms
- Work cross functionally with engineering, design, analytics, and other global teams to define, build, and deploy products that delight our users
- Define and execute the GTM strategy that maximizes customer impact and learnings, while minimizing risk
- Build and coach your team on best practices in defining product requirements and how to deliver against those requirements and the overall roadmap
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 3+ years of managing product managers, 8+ years as a product manager
- Experience leading cross-team initiatives from ideation to execution
- Technical expertise: You’ve led technical products and/or have a background in computer science (or similar)
- Experience building both new products (0->1) as well as a track record of shipping continuous product improvements to an existing product portfolio
- Deep user empathy and a high bar for user experience
- Persistence and a whatever-it-takes approach to ensure that your product is successful
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working on a platform and/or marketplace product
- Experience working on a paytech/fintech product
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄