Senior Integrations Engineer
GitLab (View all Jobs)
1. A series of video calls 2. Coding exercise involving working on a Merge Request that is like a real work task
$87,300 - $159,100
Programming Languages Mentioned
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,600+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Location - This position is 100% remote
The Integrations Engineering team is responsible for the ownership and delivery of the core services and APIs that serve as an enterprise data backbone here at GitLab. Using an array of different platforms, APIs, databases, protocols and data formats, the team ensures that the data and the business processes that intersect in the Enterprise Applications Ecosystem are as efficient and high fidelity as possible.
The Senior Integrations Engineer works to align Gitlab's Enterprise Architecture by building and maintaining key integrations that connect the GitLab Enterprise Application Ecosystem, from the GitLab product ecosytem to cloud systems.
Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
What you'll do in this role...
- Design, develop, and maintain integration flows using an array of different platforms, APIs, databases, protocols and data formats
- Collaborate and review code with other developers in engineering and sales operations to ensure each integration maintains a consistent level of technical standards as set by the team
- Work directly with Business Systems Analysts to ensure that the data and the business processes that intersect in the Enterprise Applications ecosystem are as efficient and high fidelity as possible.
- Document technical details clearly to various stakeholders of different technical levels (VP of IT, Sales Operations, Software Engineer)
- Develop integrations that are designed and implemented as reusable building blocks as appropriate to allow for more efficient integrations of a similar type
- Communicate and document technical details clearly to various stakeholders of different technical capabilities (VP of IT, Sales Operations, Software Engineer)
- Ensure that integrations are designed and implemented as reusable building blocks as appropriate to allow for more efficient integrations of a similar type
- Align the Enterprise Architecture by building and maintaining key integrations that connect the GitLab Enterprise Application Ecosystem, from product ecosytem to cloud systems.
We're looking for
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years of application integration experience
- Write well structured, quality code that’s easily maintainable by others.
- Write code that interacts with various HTTP-based API’s, primarily REST-based.
- Understand basics of SQL and relational databases.
- Proactive doer and communicator.
- SaaS and B2B experience preferred
- Interest in GitLab and open source software
- You share our values and work in accordance with those values
- Aptitude to thrive in a fully remote organization
- Ability to use GitLab
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $87,300 - $159,100 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄