Staff Software Engineering Manager
Github (View all Jobs)
Remote - India
1. Take-home exercise 2. Code review and technical discussions.
GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help. GitHub is on a mission to accelerate human progress through developer collaboration. As part of the global mission, we are working on key products like GitHub Actions, Packages, Education and Insights to reshape the developer experience with services@scale.
- Cultivate an environment where team members are empowered and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and belonging
- Technical Leadership across the product, ensure the team builds software that is architecturally consistent and of high quality
- Ensure that individuals on the team are learning, growing and advancing in their respective careers
- Ensure the team ships products, experiments, features and bug fixes regularly
- Ensure the team have a clear understanding of the direction of the projects and the reasoning behind decisions
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, pairing opportunities, and code reviews to encourage the growth of others
- 3+ years experience with managing engineering teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, planning, and organization.
- Passionate about fostering good engineering practices and processes.
- Has worked with a distributed team.
- Experience developing a strategy and roadmap for your team.
- Experience developing and operating highly available and reliable systems.
- Experience with programming concurrent and/or distributed systems.
- Experience in managing distributed services.
Ability to meet GitHub, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft, GitHub’s parent company, Cloud Screen upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄